Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
e30MPG
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys.....been in BMW for awhile but this is my first X3 188k, Black on Black......Picked her up for $800 with 4x4 and CEL lights on. Exterior and Interior is clean 8/10. Driver side seat have a small tear but other than that its a nice little daily... I'm 2nd owner and it's been garaged queened.

Fixed TC gears, 4x4 lights out, Changed TC fluid with Ravenol TF-0870
New Iridium plugs
OC Shell T6 5w-40
Tranny drained and filled with Maxlife, will do another one next OC
Diffs fluids changed
PO replaced F/R suspensions w/ Billy's

When motor fail, i will start my S54 franky build.

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
Damn! That's pretty good price. Wish I could find a minor fixer-upper like that for a price like that. Not around here, though...

·
e30MPG
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
if you believe, it will come

Any info for swapping in 6MT tranny?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I see you also have a 99 328 with 5MT. I didn't get mine new, but have had it since 04. 250K miles and still runs like a champ. Been thinking about replacing it, but then.... why?

Congrats on stealing the X3!

AM.

·
e30MPG
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you also have a 99 328 with 5MT. I didn't get mine new, but have had it since 04. 250K miles and still runs like a champ. Been thinking about replacing it, but then.... why?

Congrats on stealing the X3!

AM.

still have it, picked up a 97 328is 5MT also, it's sitting in the garage with a slow electrical drained...I swapped all interior to M3 vaders and got a hold of Bosch HL also, sitting on DS1

·
e30MPG
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it came with 2 keys....1 key need to be repaired.

·
Banned
5,4,6 BMW X3 All...196K +
3,509 Posts
it came with 2 keys....1 key need to be repaired.
It is my opinion: that you can judge the level of upkeep on a BMW byway of the number of keys that are retained from the start...again just my experience and observation. Not Factual but an indicator...my opinion. Enjoy your e83 my friend.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
e30MPG
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is my opinion: that you can judge the level of upkeep on a BMW byway of the number of keys that are retained from the start...again just my experience and observation. Not Factual but an indicator...my opinion. Enjoy your e83 my friend.

I hear ya......thanks

·
e30MPG
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cooling system overhauled
-Rein Upper/Lower hoses
-Rein Expansion tank
-Geba W/P
-Wahl T-stat

System properly bleed and fan comes on @ 210.4 degree, t-stat opened @ 206.8 degree
Couldn't get the cabin heat, it was blowing cool/warn......Massage the hose and rev motor until hoses got hot and BAMMMMMMMM, i have cabin heat.

Both o2 sensors going in this weekend.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Kind of funny, 540er own quite a few bimmers but only sold the 540,lol

·
e30MPG
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for expressing your feelings....i will take it into considerations:thumbup:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sounds like your Rein upper hose works with the Rein tank. The Rein my daughter got didn't work with the Vaico ET, so had to use the old BMW hose. Hopefully it works with the new BMW hose, too. Should have it in a couple of days.

·
e30MPG
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sounds like your Rein upper hose works with the Rein tank. The Rein my daughter got didn't work with the Vaico ET, so had to use the old BMW hose. Hopefully it works with the new BMW hose, too. Should have it in a couple of days.
You're not the only one. I just checked and sure enuff....the top hose is leaking at the small connector....I had to put the old BMW one back and order another one. It snapped in ok and i heard the click....but i'm thinking the o-ring inside is not sitting even.....

Oh well, had a chance to slap in 2 new o2 sensors. It's a no name box i got off ebay, when i inspected the sensors, they look identical to the Bosch unit with same Bosch part # but no Bosch logo. It was $47 a/piece. You have to swap over your plug covers.

Hers's the link if anyone is looking...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Upstream-O...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Anti-Hack
4,905 Posts
Everytime I buy parts, I have to remind myself that cheaper parts are more expensive in the long run... I had to spend nearly $300 per cam phaser on my truck, because the aftermarket ones for $200/set from Rock Auto have been known to fail upon first start up, and at 4 hours labor just to get to them, doing jobs twice sucks. The OE/OEM debate ensues, but I don't think some parts labeled "OEM" are actually "OEM."

·
Registered
356 Posts
Everytime I buy parts, I have to remind myself that cheaper parts are more expensive in the long run... I had to spend nearly $300 per cam phaser on my truck, because the aftermarket ones for $200/set from Rock Auto have been known to fail upon first start up, and at 4 hours labor just to get to them, doing jobs twice sucks. The OE/OEM debate ensues, but I don't think some parts labeled "OEM" are actually "OEM."
I definitely agree that in certain areas it makes sense to use actual OEM parts. But, as you noted, the whole OEM thing has been watered down quite a bit with all kinds of fancy verbiage and you do need to be careful where you buy those.

With that said, I'd say a radiator hose isn't usually an item where it should make a lot of difference whether it's "the real deal" or something else. I did a complete coolant refresh with aftermarket parts in my daughter's 01 330i before she headed off to college and everything worked fine.

Therefore I didn't worry too much about it when I had her order the kit for her X, but I guess things have devolved in that area. Interestingly enough, that hose was made in Turkey. :yikes: Hope the other stuff in the kit holds up long enough until she's ready to buy another vehicle. :dunno:

·
Registered
336 Posts

My friend 800 bucks don't need 2 keys, it is a good deal.:p

·
e30MPG
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 50 Posts