Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the battery in the fob and when I press all the buttons the little red light on the fob lights up, but doesn't seem to be communicating with the car. Any ideas? I'd really like to not have to manually unlock and lock it every time.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Did you initialize your key(s) again? Master key first, then subsequent keys.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding. No I haven't initialized my one key yet. I only have one. I've read about possibly needing to replace fuse 53 (5 amp fuse that controls an antenna which picks up signal from keyfob) in the trunk and then doing a procedure with key inside the vehicle with the doors shut. Is that how you initialize it?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Just try the procedure inside the car, be sure to follow the procedure exactly, with closed doors.
When done the car should lock and unlock as a confirmation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the procedure exactly? I've read and seen that I have to turn the ignition all the way forward without starting it, then turn it back and remove the key. Then press and hold the lock button and then press the unlock botton 3 times. I onl yr have a lock button, a button that looks like a house and a button that looks like the trunk release. Could you tell me how?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts