BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do drive a BMW 730LD F01 with active cruise control and collision alert options, but no visible sensor in fron of bumper.

However here comes the sad bit, whenever I hit the ACC button it gives me an error saying 'Active cruise control failure' that I can use normal cruise control.

I also get the same error when i hit collision alert button, both of them have failures, i think they are both controlled with same radar/sensor.

I think the sensor could have issues but I cant find the radar in the front bumper, normally it should be a square stuff with a ball like head but my car doesn't have it.
I see some BMW's with ball like radar but mine doesn't have it, but 100% my car has ACC button on steering wheel.

I was thinking those BMW's with ball shaped sensor are the ones with stop & go, mine is just an ACC without Stop & go.

Could BMW install the sensor elsewhere?
What's a potential fix to this issue?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
What year is your bimmer? On the 13'+, there is no "ball sensor in the front bumper. It is just a regular plate. Look up your VIN number and see if the car has the option you are looking for. bmwarchive.org

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is your bimmer? On the 13'+, there is no "ball sensor in the front bumper. It is just a regular plate. Look up your VIN number and see if the car has the option you are looking for. bmwarchive.org
Thanks for your reply.
Mine is a 2010 model. I'll check my vin now thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have checked my vin, and it actually has ACC with stop & go, how sad I can't get to use this cool feature.
The page says: 5DF Active Cruise Ctrl+stop&go Funct.

Does any have a 2010 or earlier BMW with ACC, that doesn't have the radar visible from the front bumper?
Or has anyone ever had this problem and got it sorted.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
I have checked my vin, and it actually has ACC with stop & go, how sad I can't get to use this cool feature.
The page says: 5DF Active Cruise Ctrl+stop&go Funct.

Does any have a 2010 or earlier BMW with ACC, that doesn't have the radar visible from the front bumper?
Or has anyone ever had this problem and got it sorted.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)
did you buy the car used? Perhaps it was in an accident and the sensor was not replaced.

According to Real OEM you should have the sensor with the bulge that goes on the front bumper and is visible:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=KM21-EUR-03-2010-F01-BMW-730d&diagId=66_0335

should look like this I believe:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts