I-10 East to US-60
US-60 to Aquila, AZ
AZ-71 to Congress
AZ-89 to Prescott
AZ-89A through Sedona, to Flagstaff
US-89 to Tanners Crossing
US-180 to Desert View, Grand Canyon
AZ-64 back to I-40

If I feel like I can do it, I-40 to I-15 to I-10 to home Saturday night. If not, I'll grab a cheapo hotel room in Needles and drive home Sunday morning.

Whaddaya think?

Attachments

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: My ambitious weekend road trip plan

Imola Ed said:

Wow! I'd say that's VERY ambitious! You, sir, certainly enjoy driving your car. :D
Of that there can be no doubt. :D

Everytime I see Sedona, all I think about is this damn song I have. :lmao:
I'm probably just very unhip, but I don't get it... :dunno:

·
Where am I?
963 Posts
Re: Re: Re: My ambitious weekend road trip plan

Plaz said:
I'm probably just very unhip, but I don't get it... :dunno:
It's ok. I laughed for both of us. There's a song on my DJ Baby Anne CD called Sedona. It's got lyrics about alien abduction. So be careful when you go there!

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: My ambitious weekend road trip plan

Imola Ed said:

It's ok. I laughed for both of us. There's a song on my DJ Baby Anne CD called Sedona. It's got lyrics about alien abduction. So be careful when you go there!
Doh!

I once played in a prog-rock band that had a silly song with that theme... here are the lyrics:

I was blinded by a light of some forgotten world in the distance
The light was bright, even though it was night, it nearly looked like day
When curiousity struck me right between the eyes and to my surprise
A little green man with a cool suntan started to levitate my way

He had a big head said his name was Fred
and he told me I'd make a fine specimen
I started to run but that old son of a gun
grabbed me sayin we don't need this kind of commotion
We hopped aboard and pushed off shore not thinking once not even
Twice this tour I could tell for sure I'd remember the rest of my life

The trees parted a light found it's way
An unscheduled departure an unpleasant stay
Where's my Oprah I miss Jenny Jones
And what's that probe for Mr. Spaceman
Sorry Toto we're not in Kansas anymore

I watched my world disappear into the star stuffed void of space
I turned my attention to my captors and their
metallic ouija board in a case
They brought it closer and I could clearly see
they intended to use that "what's it" on me
I pushed the big button that was clearly labeled Shmo
And turned on their Cosmic Radio

The trees parted a light found it's way
An unscheduled departure an unpleasant stay
Where's my Oprah I miss Jenny Jones
And what's that probe for Mr. Spaceman
Sorry Toto we're not in Kansas anymore

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
Plaz,

You doing this solo or taking the family with you?

·
Where am I?
963 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My ambitious weekend road trip plan

Plaz said:
I once played in a prog-rock band that had a silly song with that theme... here are the lyrics:
Cool. Yeah, the lyrics of the other song weren't quite so elaborate. It's an electronica/techno ditty.

We went to the desert
To search the sky
For the saucer men
With the lifeless eyes
We come to Sedona
To be an abductee
To travel time and space
Through the galaxy

OK. Now we're way OT. I'm sure you'll take many pics along the way!
:D

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Plaz said:
Friday Night after work:
I-10 East (from L.A.) to Blythe, CA

Saturday:
I-10 East to US-60
US-60 to Aquila, AZ
AZ-71 to Congress
AZ-89 to Prescott
AZ-89A through Sedona, to Flagstaff
US-89 to Tanners Crossing
US-180 to Desert View, Grand Canyon
AZ-64 back to I-40

If I feel like I can do it, I-40 to I-15 to I-10 to home Saturday night. If not, I'll grab a cheapo hotel room in Needles and drive home Sunday morning.

Whaddaya think?
Excellent. There are not many times when I wished I lived in LA, but when you guys start talking about your road trips I get jealous.

I'd love to see Sedona again.

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
operknockity said:
Plaz,

You doing this solo or taking the family with you?
Solo... daughter and better half still out of town. I'm therefore seizing the opportunity. :thumbup:

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Plaz, how many miles is that roadtrip? Looks like its going to be one helluva drive! It's good to see you are using your car for what it should be used for, personal enjoyment! I don't really get to "drive" my car all that much out here. Every once and awhile I actually get to take the car out and get some real fun out of it.

Have fun on your road trip! :D

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Plaz said:

Solo... daughter and better half still out of town. I'm therefore seizing the opportunity. :thumbup:
My wife and daughter are going to my mother-in-law's for the weekend because I've got autocrosses saturday and sunday.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Ack said:
Plaz, how many miles is that roadtrip? Looks like its going to be one helluva drive! It's good to see you are using your car for what it should be used for, personal enjoyment! I don't really get to "drive" my car all that much out here. Every once and awhile I actually get to take the car out and get some real fun out of it.

It's not as far as from Buffalo to Lake Placid. Absolutely awsome roads around that whole region.

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
Plaz said:
I'm therefore seizing the opportunity. :thumbup:
Excellent :thumbup: Have fun. Looks like a helluva good roadtrip.

My folks are gonna do their Sedona timeshare later this year and I'm thinking of roadtripping it to see 'em. Please report back what kinda speeds you were able to maintain and where the speed traps are located.

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
It's not as far as from Buffalo to Lake Placid. Absolutely awsome roads around that whole region.
I'll have to look into that.

The Adirondack region has some incredible roads. I should take my car out there sometime this fall when the leaves are at their peak. I should be able to get some great pictures! Anyone for a roadtrip this fall . . .

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ack said:

Thanks! Looks like it will be just about 1000 miles. I don't have a lot of opportunity for trips of this magnitude... have to take the opportunities when they arise.

Death Valley next weekend will be like a stroll around the block! :D

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Re: My ambitious weekend road trip plan

JST said:

Excellent. There are not many times when I wished I lived in LA, but when you guys start talking about your road trips I get jealous.

I'd love to see Sedona again.
It is one of the perks of living here. I don't know if we'll be here forever, so I'm trying to make sure I take as many possible cool road trips as possible while we still are. :thumbup:

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Plaz said:
Thanks! Looks like it will be just about 1000 miles. I don't have a lot of opportunity for trips of this magnitude... have to take the opportunities when they arise.

Death Valley next weekend will be like a stroll around the block! :D
A 1000 miles; damn that should allow for great scenery changes. I have never been out west yet, but hopefully I'll get a chance to be in Phoenix next month. Too bad I won't have my car with me. :(

My sister took a roadtrip around the US a few years ago and told me that Death Valley is amazing at night. No cars or lights whatsoever to obscure your view of the night sky. I really hope I get a chance to visit there next month.

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
Ack said:
My sister took a roadtrip around the US a few years ago and told me that Death Valley is amazing at night. No cars or lights whatsoever to obscure your view of the night sky.
One of the perks of living in/near the desert. No air pollution, no noise pollution, no light pollution. Nights in the desert are amazing... Eerily quiet and a bazillion stars!

Same for being on a mountain top in the middle of nowhere except for the noises of all the little forest critters.

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dog said:
Plaz - go ahead and film the whole thing and upload it in, say, 2x speed. I'll download the 400GB file :D
:lmao: :lmao:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts