BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My attempt to Carbon wrap my interior.

13680 Views 33 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  All-Or-Nothing
Well here is my attempt to Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap my interior trim pieces. I ordered a roll of Hexis Carbon Fiber Black Gloss Vinyl from Autovinylsolutions.com

It was a 1ftx5ft roll and it cost $19.95 plus about $2 shipping and handling. The stuff is so cheap I figured what could I lose plus it's totally reversible if I either do a crap job or get tired of it. Either way this is not like some mods where a mistake can be quite costly or hard to return to stock.

So here we go.

The interior trim is very, very easy to remove. If had known it was this easy I would have done it years ago. I used this thread to find out how to remove the trim.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484858

Here is how the Vinyl looks...

Here is a little step by step of what I did. NO EXPERT HERE, but I think this is something ANYONE could do.

Glove Box Trim with the Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap

Measure it up...

Cut it larger than the piece I am wrapping so I can wrap it around to the back side...

Pull the protective backing off...

Place it on the Wrap and smooth out the wrinkles and air bubbles.

Here it is wrapped around to the back side...

Looks bad here but it is before trimming

Here is some of the trimming...

Finished trimming here...

Anyways this is all for now. I know it's not as good as some of Yorgi's DIY threads but maybe it will help someone. I will update this thread as I wrap more parts.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
DID a few more pieces this morning.

Not finished but coming along nicely.....

I will cover the rest of it tommorrow.

This looks good. Now u have me thinking
Will it ever come off? Or rip by accident?
+1 :thumbup:
I see you have some skill All-Or-Nothing. Looks good :thumbup:
Wow, nice job dude. Seems you know what you're doing. I had a question though. Would it look tacky if I tried installing the carbon fiber to the roof of my 645 coupe? Its a space gray metallic hardtop
It will get wrapped but there are only so many hours in a day. I work too you know.
Please wrap the entire center console....:angel:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484858
For $20 bucks it's worth a shot to try it out. If you don't like it or mess up......rip it off:thumbup:
Looking good - nice project to change up the look for very cheap
It would look GREAT!!!!

Do It!!!
Wow, nice job dude. Seems you know what you're doing. I had a question though. Would it look tacky if I tried installing the carbon fiber to the roof of my 645 coupe? Its a space gray metallic hardtop
Looks pretty sick Bigscore. Thanks for showing me a pic to get an idea, my car is the same color. Im torn between a glossy carbon fiber vs just a gloss black.

Suggestions anyone?
Order a samples and decide.....:thumbup:

http://autovinylsolutions.com/3M_SAMPLE_ORDERING_PAGE

I would do the CF roof and interior

and this

http://www.AUTOTECKNIC.COM/product_p/bm-0186.htm

and this (back of mirror only)

Hmmmm...not a big fan of this one, it doesn't look real at all? Maybe it is just me, but it seems a bit silly to put a fake CF on a roof? The idea of CF isn't to look cool but to lighten the car so it performs better. It reminds of fake dual tailpipes on Honda's for some reason...
Bigscore, I think your style of roof would look good on mine as well. What color would you call yours, cuz its a little different than the normal carbon fiber I see on the website. Also, how much would the installation run me?
Not my car....

Just used the pic as a refrence for you to see what it would look like...

My car is black..
Bigscore, I think your style of roof would look good on mine as well. What color would you call yours, cuz its a little different than the normal carbon fiber I see on the website. Also, how much would the installation run me?
It's an easy and attractive mod and looks great in person...IMO

"M" owners do it...

a friend of mine has a 400+HP Imprezza with a wrapped roof and it looks great
Hmmmm...not a big fan of this one, it doesn't look real at all? Maybe it is just me, but it seems a bit silly to put a fake CF on a roof? The idea of CF isn't to look cool but to lighten the car so it performs better. It reminds of fake dual tailpipes on Honda's for some reason...
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.