BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Quality
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lets review my Radio upgrade journey:

1. CD 53 Alpine 2004+ Manufactured Head Unit with CD/MP3 playback/Sirius & Aux capability cost me $250 on ebay

2. Upgraded my Amplifier Antenna to the post 2002 ones which cost me $50 on ebay-see seller germanonly for them.

3. Upgraded my Antenna adapter cable with a Metra Double Segmented for the new Head Unit cost me $7 on ebay

Total $307 just to get the Head Unit in my 2001 330i.

Now I would like to eventually add in order of importance;

4. Ipod DICE connection will expect to spend $150

5. Sirius Tuner connection $500 (possibly)

6. Aux Input $?

Now the question begs, HOW CAN I CONNECT ALL THIS UP TO THE ONE HEAD UNIT?

Would a 2001 Sedan and the 2004 CD 53 Unit be prewired to accept Sirius Tuner/Dice and Aux input seperately or do I need something like a 3 way or multi-way adapter so that everything goes to the Head Unit?

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,963 Posts
If you still have your 01 head unit, PM me. I have a friend who just bought a 99 323 with a factory TAPE DECK! He will help you offset cost to swap.

·
War Damn Eagle
130 Posts
If you still have your 01 head unit, PM me. I have a friend who just bought a 99 323 with a factory TAPE DECK! He will help you offset cost to swap.
^^^^^^^^ Boycott Bama fans^^^^^^^^^ Unless you can make a $$ off of them or their friends......:thumbup: J/K Smolck.. not really though... Them dur gaturs are looking for an SEC Championship... Good game in the making.... I damn sure can't wait :thumbup:

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,963 Posts
^^^^^^^^ Boycott Bama fans^^^^^^^^^ Unless you can make a $$ off of them or their friends......:thumbup: J/K Smolck.. not really though... Them dur gaturs are looking for an SEC Championship... Good game in the making.... I damn sure can't wait :thumbup:
Totally OT but I think we better worry more about them Bayou Bengals first! Very loseable game if our QB can't get his head out of his posterior!

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
4. Ipod DICE connection will expect to spend $150

5. Sirius Tuner connection $500 (possibly)

6. Aux Input $?
DICE and Sirius use the CD changer connection in the trunk. There is a cable you can buy to allow both to be connected to the iBus at the same time, they daisy chain.

I believe the Aux Input can be installed up front along with all the junk in the trunk too.

I have the OEM Sirius unit, but I have navigation. If I didn't, I'd go for something aftermarket and save a boatload of money. I have a portable I use at home and in my secondary vehicles and play it thru a wired FM modulator. It works quite well and sounds good on those factory sound systems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts