BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently we had an issue with the Flywheel. The person who owned the car before us had replaced the throwout bearing but forgot to remove the broken piece. Well after driving the car for a while the piece came loose and knocked the Crankshaft pin off the flywheel. We had it fixed and reassembled the car. After putting it back together, we started it up but noticed that as soon as the car got to 2500 RPM the engine would start to stutter and miss until it finally got to 3000 RPM which it sometimes would reach and others would not. Ive asked several people what it could be and noone seems to have a consistant answer, some say its the injectors. Some say its the Speed sensor for the crankshaft. I just know its frustrating, this is my first car. I would take this to the BMW dealership, but im a poor college student. So I was hoping that by coming on here I could get some help. I would Really appreciate it.

*Stats*
1985 BMW 325e

Manual Transmission (Has a leak somewhere no idea where and am going to have to replace the entire thing. Proven to not be the transmission since the car still stutters in nuetral with the clutch in)

Redid the air intake, not it.

I really appreciate your time in helping me with this, sorry if I put this in the wrong section I am new to this forum

·
I get in and rock wit it!
301 Posts
I am a college student as well (In Dallas,TX) and i have a similar problem although my did it the whole way and sometimes it didnt at all.What i would recoment to replace is your Throotle positioning sensor(Located under your throotle body) get some from the junk yard like 2 or 3 because aperantly they tend to go out easy,Another question is .Does it do it on cold or hot or both? if it does it on hot then replace your o2 Sensor.then another option would be replace both sensors on the transmisson.But may also be your MOTRONIC ECU above the glove compartment

1 - 3 of 3 Posts