BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
But not available in the U.S. yet, apparently. :thumbdwn:

My BMW Remote allows users to operate all manner of functions in their BMW from outside the vehicle, without even having to be nearby:
  • Remote Door Lock & Unlock allows the car to be locked and unlocked from a smartphone.
  • Climate Control makes it possible to control the interior temperature by adjusting the auxiliary ventilation and heating settings, and programming the systems by timer.
  • With "Horn Blow" for sounding the horn and "Flash Light" for briefly switching on the exterior lights, users can trigger acoustic and visual signals to help them find their vehicle in crowded car parks, for instance.
  • If the car is out of sight and hearing distance but within a radius of up to 1,5 km, the Vehicle Finder function is able to display a map on the smartphone screen showing the way to the vehicle's location. This function is only available when the ignition is switched off, thereby making it impossible to track the vehicle's movements.
  • Using Google Local Search, users are able to import points of interest (POIs) from their smartphone into the vehicle's navigation system via the message list.

Complete press release - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636379

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bmw.remote

· Always laughing loudest
461 Posts
I'm interested in seeing if two phones can be set to rescue the same car. My wife has the app on her iPhone but I'll want one for my droid. Wonder if having both will somehow confuse BMW and cause them to conflict.

· Flying monkey herder
8,298 Posts
its not available in the US play store.
i sideloaded it on my nexus, works well.

· Flying monkey herder
8,298 Posts
my 2010 only has the ability to locate the car, send google map results and unlock/lock the doors.

i'm going to guess cars with the newer comm box can do more

· Registered
566 Posts
Got the apk and installed the app but I was getting the following error during login.

Your account has been locked.
Please contact connecteddrive hotline.

What the heck wrong with this. My account is accessible but nit thru app. I have to give a call and find out.

· Liverpudlian at heart
557 Posts
I have side-loaded the APK onto a stock Motorola Atrix.

I refuses to recognize my My BMW login credentials even though they work elsewhere, nor have they been recently changed. My credentials don't include any special characters except for the '@' sign in my email address so I can't blame the usual goof-up in new apps. I just get prolonged spinning donuts or login failures.

For me the pre-release experiment has been underwhelming. Maybe I'd be better waiting for the official launch through Google Play.

Frank.

· Flying monkey herder
8,298 Posts
you need to use the email address registered with BMW assist and your bmw assist unlock password. its the one you picked when your CA signed you up. this is the password you would give to the operator if you needed a remote unlock.

its not the same as the bmw fs or bmw online password.

· Liverpudlian at heart
557 Posts
you need to use the email address registered with BMW assist and your bmw assist unlock password. its the one you picked when your CA signed you up. this is the password you would give to the operator if you needed a remote unlock.

its not the same as the bmw fs or bmw online password.
Yep - was trying that so I ended up calling BMW Assist (888-333-6118, option #6) to find out what was wrong. It turns out that for the 'ConnectedDrive' related parts there is a separate copy of the password kept and that was manually keyed in by someone from the delivery/order paperwork. It can't be good password practice over there because the rep was able to read back to me the password and we discovered that whoever keyed it in added an unwanted space character between two strings which were almost words.

It has to be corrected by a manual fax sent to Germany in the morning and I am told it will be 2 days to turn around. Gotta love it when the veneer of technology wears this thin.

Frank.

· Flying monkey herder
8,298 Posts
Thanks Orient and FrankAZ... mine's working now. Though it's kind of making me wish I sprung for the OEM alarm... no remote flash or horn for me :(
i have the factory alarm and i dont have those features..... i think that those are only avail on the Fxx cars

· ///Multiple
4,586 Posts
I have a 2011 E93 with all options but I still only have lock/unlock function, is this expected?
Yes, see the post immediately above yours.

On the 335is this is the only function that I have available, no remote honk or flash headlights.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.