Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I plan on installing it into my 02 330Ci tomorrow using the DIY from the BMW330Ci.com site. Does anyone have any gotchas, tips, caveats, etc. to share? Or does the DIY pretty much cover everything interesting about the process? FWIW, I did a search here for valentine and install and nothing relevant came back.

·
Lead Foot
442 Posts
Hard Wire V-1

Cliff,

My greatest problem was locating a ground. The screw which is the easiest to access does not contact metal. I thought it did and assumed I did not have the proper hot wire. I finally found a grounded screw way way up out of site but it worked. In the meanwhile the piece of cake turned into a chunk of roast beef. I have yet to do anything the first time time on either of my Bimmers that was easy. Nice when done howeveer and you can pat yourself on the back. I use a Bel 980 which has kept me out of trouble so far. Laser is another story. If you are alone out there Laser and Instant On will make you chopped liver.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Re: Hard Wire V-1

rwebbe said:
Cliff,

My greatest problem was locating a ground.

Laser is another story. If you are alone out there Laser and
Instant On will make you chopped liver.
I had no problem with the ground. It was right where the DIY directions showed it. I confirmed it was ground before hooking up to it just to be safe.

For me, the DIY was right on!

And, Yes instant on laser is trouble! I was behind a pack of cars the other day and a cop had laser, I think I picked up the deflection from another car so I checked the speedo.

The V1 is great. I love mine!

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent. Thank you both. :thumbup:

I'll do the install later today. It looks like the skies are clear, and since I gave the car its inaugural coat of Zaino yesterday, I think a drive up Mt. Diablo for some pics in the morning sun is called for. I've been up the mountain dozens of times, but this will be the first time my legs won't be doing the work of getting me to the top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts