BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, leaving New Orleans, I get rear-ended on Royal in the French Quarter. Luckly it was only a bicylce. Some dumbass city worker put a barracade in front of my car and I had to stop. Bike didn't and hit me. Left a tiny tire mark on the bottom of the bumper and a big handprit on the trunklid. He stayed on. No biggie, I can shake that one off.

Today could be quite a bit worse. I'm back in Houston. I haven't seen the damage yet. My sister has the car, she drove it this morning. Apparenly, she was on the highway and the car in front of her ran over a full can of PAINT and threw it up all over my car on to almost every body panel. I'll find out in an little more than an hour :dunno:

Will post pics when it gets here. I resisted the urge to get mad at her. Looks like I'll be getting a new paint job :dunno:

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Sorry to hear about your recent misfortune. But look on the bright side--this might be an excellent opportunity to get the benefit of an individual BMW paint color while having the insurance company pick up the tab!

(Personally, I'm rather partial to that cool techno violet color).

Hang in there!!

:thumb:

·
superwagon pilot
1,388 Posts
Go with Avus Blue Nate....:yikes:

In all seriousness, sorry to hear, that sucks. Hope when she gets it home it is better than you're expecting, and it is water colors or something that washes off (one can always hope).

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Josh (PA) said:
Go with Avus Blue Nate....:yikes:

In all seriousness, sorry to hear, that sucks. Hope when she gets it home it is better than you're expecting, and it is water colors or something that washes off (one can always hope).
With my luck, it will be Latex :rolleyes:

I always wanted LeMans blue. It looks so good on my dad's M5, but there is no way that I would ever get that. They would have to acid-bath the car instead of just stripping a few layers of black paint. I am in luck though, Houston has a great BMW body shop that uses factory paint. They have done top notch paint and body work. Color matching isn't a problem. Just sanding the top layer and re-painting would take 3-4 weeks and $5K :(

I was going to go play golf this morning :cry:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Sorry to hear that Nate. That really sucks... :( I almost got rear ended by an Escape yesterday too. The Escape driver ended up on the median in order to avoid the crash. SOB was talking on his cell phone... :mad:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Add to the fact that the car had about 200 bugs on it that got painted over

She should be back soon, unless something else feels magnetically attracted to my car....

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
My wife did that with our A6 :mad:

White paint all over the side of a red car:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

Plus she decided NOT to tell me till the next day, and it was oil based paint, not water based.:mad: :mad: :bawling: :mad:

Took many hours to get it all off of the painted surfaces, and never got it all off of the inside of the wheel wells. (had to leave something, so I could keep pointing it out to her:) )

My wife is also very good at finding freshly painted lines in the road. That yellow stuff is a ***** to remove:mad: :mad:

Whoa, did not know I could not say B***h

·
Grumpy and Cynical
7,639 Posts
That sucks. Will you have to replace the glass as well? Will insurence be paying for this?

Ed

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ed328Ci said:
That sucks. Will you have to replace the glass as well? Will insurence be paying for this?

Ed
Nothing hit the car besides paint, so no.

I have already replaced the windshield twice :thumbdwn:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts