BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got word that my car will be delivered to the dealer on Monday 5/2. I won't get the car here in Florida that soon, but hopefully not too much longer. For those West coast people don't be jelous. :rofl:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats!

Hi Yam --

Congrats on the arrival of your car. It sounds like all of us with the March 24th pick-up faired pretty well, at just over four weeks from drop-off to delivery. I don't know about you, but I'm already planning our reunion in three years (at the end of the lease period).

Take Care and happy driving!

/Paul
330Cic
Sparkling Graphite

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul4BMW said:
Hi Yam --

Congrats on the arrival of your car. It sounds like all of us with the March 24th pick-up faired pretty well, at just over four weeks from drop-off to delivery. I don't know about you, but I'm already planning our reunion in three years (at the end of the lease period).

Take Care and happy driving!

/Paul
330Cic
Sparkling Graphite
Yeah you are right, we faired pretty well. With such a successful trip I was hoping to do it faster than 3 yrs if I can convice the Wife to change her lexus for an X3. Won't happen though so I guess it will be 3 years. I have told so many people about ED and my experience and they all tell me "what's the catch". This ED is addictive.
Enjoy the car. :thumbup:

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
153 Posts
I picked mine up this past saturday..Just about 4 weeks..much quicker then expected!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Car is due at dealership today!

I spoke with my client advisor (salesman) at 9:45 this morning and asked him when they expect my car to be in. He said that it was due to arrive in NY any day now and that it would probably be another 2 - 3 weeks to clear customs.

This had been the first time that I spoke to him since before leaving for Munich so I had to bring him up to speed on a couple issues; 1) I had been tracking the Morning Melody since 4/5/05 when my car first showed up on the Wallenius shipping website so I knew it actually arrived in NY on the 25th, and 2) I knew of a few others that were on that ship with me and they all received word that their cars were delivered to their dealerships either over the weekend or were due to arrive today.

After checking some paperwork he tried to correct me that my ship arrived on the 22nd (Followers of this board already know that story.) He then said that the OC still listed it as being at the VPC and that it would be another week or two before it cleared customs. Sensing how frustrated I was he said he would make some calls to see what he could find out but told me that he would be shocked if it showed up at the dealership this week (probably not even next week.)

Not 5 minutes later he called back amazed that it was listed at the top of his delivery sheet as expected delivery 5/2/05. Whoo-hoo!!! :rofl:

He's trying to find out what time the truck is scheduled to arrive to see if I can pick it up tonight (they're open until 9pm) or if it will be tomorrow. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

A note to prospective ED'ers that are a little earlier in the process: Don't rely on your dealers for up to date information. From my experience (and reading others) it is my belief that they merely guess at the answers to our questions, trying to err on the side of 'under promise' as much as possible. Instead it is best to get your information from fellow festers on this board.

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
:mad: east coasters :mad:

Arn, where are our cars??????? :bang:

:irate:

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ågent99 said:
:mad: east coasters :mad:

Arn, where are our cars??????? :bang:

:irate:
Should be crossing the Panama Canal right about now. :rofl: :cry: :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.