Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:cry: OK..maybe I'm overreacting a little bit. Maybe it's the whole OCD thing about getting my car back after dropping it off! But still......

I dropped my BMW off in Sindelfingen on December 27th. I received an e-mail a couple days later from Harms saying that it was getting on a truck to Bremerhaven that day. I haven't heard anything about the car since. Upon checking the w2global.com website to track shipping cargo the VIN number is not showing any information about it being on a ship.

I called BMW and was told that last thing they have is that it was "in port" in 12/19 which is before I dropped it of at Harms in Sindelfingen!

I called the local dealer and they do not have the car in whatever tracking system they have. They say not to worry...and I probably shouldn't...since that isn't unusual that a car disappears from their system for a few days at a time.

From checking ships leaving Bremerhaven via the w2global.com system it should be on the Madam Butterfly which left Bremerhaven on 1/15 and arriving in Oxnard on 2/11.

But, I have no clue if it is on the ship! I sent Harm in Sindelfingen an e-mail and haven't heard back.

Any suggestions before I tell the wife it's gone!?! :tsk:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
TracyM1471 said:
:cry: OK..maybe I'm overreacting a little bit. Maybe it's the whole OD thing about getting my car back after dropping it off! But still......

I dropped my BMW off in Sindelfingen on December 27th. I received an e-mail a couple days later from Harms saying that it was getting on a truck to Bremerhaven that day. I haven't heard anything about the car since. Upon checking the w2global.com website to track shipping cargo the VIN number is not showing any information about it being on a ship.

I called BMW and was told that last thing they have is that it was "in port" in 12/19 which is before I dropped it of at Harms in Sindelfingen!

I called the local dealer and they do not have the car in whatever tracking system they have. They say not to worry...and I probably shouldn't...since that isn't unusual that a car disappears from their system for a few days at a time.

From checking ships leaving Bremerhaven via the w2global.com system it should be on the Madam Butterfly which left Bremerhaven on 1/15 and arriving in Oxnard on 2/11.

But, I have no clue if it is on the ship! I sent Harm in Sindelfingen an e-mail and haven't heard back.

Any suggestions before I tell the wife it's gone!?! :tsk:

Your car won't show up on WW because its being shipped via NYK lines. Read the shipping sticky here.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96824

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
West Coast out of luck?

Ok..so what I get from the other thread is that west coasters are out of luck finding out if their car is on a ship via NYK lines. Their website won't let you search for your car....

Also, [email protected] is the Harms e-mail I used....it has only been a day so I'm not giving up hope on that...and since Harms in Sindelfingen were great when I was there. :)

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I seem to recall having to email Linda twice before I got a response but she got back within a couple of days.

·
Registered
868 Posts
My car disappeared from the system too...don't worry. My dealership had no idea, BMW NA had no idea, finally I got an email from Harms saying I was on the Bellona so not to worry. It is the black hole as others have come to term it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Too soon

I dropped of mine in Munich on 12/11. Got a letter yesterday 1/17, due in port on 1/19. Called SA, BMW ED and not info untill letter.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
This is the price that we pay for living in California.

Our ED cars disappear off the radar for a few weeks. I never did receive a letter from BMW, Harms or anyone until my SA e-mailed me the day after the car arrived at PH.

Us West Coasters all feel your pain and know how you're feeling.

·
A_BIG_KAHUNA
271 Posts
Tracy..We are here for you..
As I have stated before "REDELIVERY SUCKS" but funny how that pain is gone after a few days following re-delivery. Thirteen days from re-delivery and I have only had to put the top up once. The lowest temp to date was a brisk 29 degress on Monday about 5:30am. Thank god for my wifes heated seats.

·
Registered
575 Posts
relax dude, as long as u know what ship it's on and wait till it hits port before calling ca. i went through the same thing as u, bmwna has no idea, dealer no clue and it didn't show up on vin cargo search.

·
Moderator, 5-Series
5,938 Posts
LOL...redelivery is always the worst and I always hate hearing how the East Coast can get their cars in under a month some times. West Coast can be twice as long some times!

The best advise to you is to do your best to relax and just forget about it and know that BMW is taking care of you and you will be reunited with your car soon enough.

Or, just be frantic about it and keep posting on here! :rofl:

We're cool...most of us know what you're going through. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I dropped off my car in Munich on 12/19. I did not inquire about it until 1/9. My SA told me he will try to find out the status since there is a period that even he does not know which ship the car will be on. I got email from my SA forward from BMWNA that my car is on the Bellona due to port on 1/24. Yesterday I finally received the "snail mail" from BMWNA stating the same status. I am hopeful that the car will clear custom quickly, so I will have it by the end of the month or the first week of February.

·
Registered
868 Posts
ihs84 said:
I dropped off my car in Munich on 12/19. I did not inquire about it until 1/9. My SA told me he will try to find out the status since there is a period that even he does not know which ship the car will be on. I got email from my SA forward from BMWNA that my car is on the Bellona due to port on 1/24. Yesterday I finally received the "snail mail" from BMWNA stating the same status. I am hopeful that the car will clear custom quickly, so I will have it by the end of the month or the first week of February.
Bellona crew right here...keep me updated if you hear anything. :thumbup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
slubu said:
Bellona crew right here...keep me updated if you hear anything. :thumbup:
Slubu,

Since you live in SoCal, you will probably get your car before I get mine, but if I have any info I will post it here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh...great! I'm scared my car is lost at sea and you guys are rubbing it in that you know you are both on the Bellona!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
TracyM1471 said:
Oh...great! I'm scared my car is lost at sea and you guys are rubbing it in that you know you are both on the Bellona!
Here's what you do: email Lisa at Harms again but his time put "The Weisse Hai" in the subject line. Trust me on this one.:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok..I trusted you. No I am hoping my car isn't swimming with the sharks! Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's on the Hual Tokyo!

Ok..now I will post this in the correct place!

:) Thanks to a suggestion by MARCUS33i I recevied an e-mail from Lisa at Harms in Sindelfingen! Well that and I knew Lisa would help out! The car is on the Hual Tokyo (http://autoliners.hoegh.com/)

It will arrive in Port Hueneme on Feb 6th! As long as it doesn't fall off the ship and the sharks get it!

Now I wonder if anyone else doing ED is on the ship and how I can track it!

Vessel: Hual Tokyo | Voyage no. 12

Port -------------- ETA
Bremerhaven ----- 14.01.06
Emden ------ 16.01.06
Cristobal ------ 28.01.06
Panama Canal ------ 28.01.06
Balboa ------ 29.01.06
San Diego ------ 04.02.06
Long Beach ------ 06.02.06
Port Hueneme ------ 06.02.06
Japan ------ 20.02.06

Thanks again Lisa and Marcus!:)