Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this car last summer. It´s a 1999 M5 and it had only 58.500 km on the clock.
It´s Avus Blau Metallic and has got black leather sport seats and titanium trim.

Since I got the car I have installed the following mods:

Supersprint Headers
Supersprint Race Cats
TUBI Rumore catback exhaust
Active Autowerke Cold Air Intake
Active Autowerke Software (remap, delimit, etc)
Italian Air horn :)
Angel Eyes
19" Hamann PG2's, Bridgestone PO3´s, 245 front, 285 back

The car is great - really haven´t had any problems with it apart from faulty
MAF sensors that I replaced.

Here are a few pics:









A couple of video clips:

http://www.onno.is/thordur/m5/pust/M5_driveaway.wmv

http://www.onno.is/thordur/m5/pust/M5_rev.wmv


Enjoy!
 

·
World Traveller Forever
Joined
·
1,653 Posts
Damn,

Hey Iceland Man,
You have a great looking and i'm sure, a great SOUNDING car.
Have fun and be safe.
Watch out for that damn black ice out there!
325ic a beer:drink: :beerchug: :hi:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
596 Posts
Amazing car! Love that color! Must agree with lk though, OEM wheels would look much better. The wheels you have on it rob the car of it's classic yet masculine beauty. They give it that American muscle car look which doesn't belong on an M5. Just my honest opinion. Each to his own...that is one great car though!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the comments.

As for the wheels - they look much nicer than the stock wheels IMHO plus that they are about 10 times more easy to keep clean.

As for the "US Muscle car look" that may be because the car sits a bit too high. This will be fixed soon with KWv3 coilovers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,138 Posts
___lk___ said:
the OEM wheels would look a lot better on that car. :rolleyes:

it sounds great though. :thumbup:
There will always be haters. :rolleyes: The car looks great just the way it is. That's a very nice looking M5, especially like the color!!! :thumbup: A '99 M5......lucky you......we didn't get them here in the states until '00. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wwb4 said:
There will always be haters. :rolleyes: The car looks great just the way it is. That's a very nice looking M5, especially like the color!!! :thumbup: A '99 M5......lucky you......we didn't get them here in the states until '00. :(
"hater" is maybe a bit too strong word to use. I find that wheels are the thing that people are most picky about regarding cars and have very different opinions. Which is ok by me :thumbup:

I was originally going to get an Imola Red M5 but then I found this one for sale. It was in such great shape and had low mileage, I just couldn't let it pass. The color keeps growing on me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,138 Posts
s62 said:
"hater" is maybe a bit too strong word to use. I find that wheels are the thing that people are most picky about regarding cars and have very different opinions. Which is ok by me :thumbup:

I was originally going to get an Imola Red M5 but then I found this one for sale. It was in such great shape and had low mileage, I just couldn't let it pass. The color keeps growing on me.
It definitely is a nice color. :thumbup:

P.S.-"Hater" was the perfect word given the way that it was "originally" typed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,309 Posts
s62 said:
Got this car last summer. It´s a 1999 M5 and it had only 58.500 km on the clock.
It´s Avus Blau Metallic and has got black leather sport seats and titanium trim.

Since I got the car I have installed the following mods:

Supersprint Headers
Supersprint Race Cats
TUBI Rumore catback exhaust
Active Autowerke Cold Air Intake
Active Autowerke Software (remap, delimit, etc)
Italian Air horn :)
Angel Eyes
19" Hamann PG2's, Bridgestone PO3´s, 245 front, 285 back

The car is great - really haven´t had any problems with it apart from faulty
MAF sensors that I replaced.

I love the color.. Is that color available in the US? Or is that Orient blue in the states?
Sweet car enjoy it and be proud :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,088 Posts
Holy $hit, wow, what a car. I especially enjoyed your short videos. Congrats on the "BEAST" It truly sounds like one!!!!!! Nice color, Excellent wheels.
Whats the top end speed after the removal of the governor on this "beast"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mgianetto said:
I love the color.. Is that color available in the US? Or is that Orient blue in the states?
Sweet car enjoy it and be proud :thumbup:
I believe this color was also available in the states in the beginning but was replaced with LeMans Blue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
razzy530 said:
Holy $hit, wow, what a car. I especially enjoyed your short videos. Congrats on the "BEAST" It truly sounds like one!!!!!! Nice color, Excellent wheels.
Whats the top end speed after the removal of the governor on this "beast"?
Thanks.

Top speed should be just above 300 km/h (approx. 190 mph). I´ll find out this spring when I take the car to Germany for the Autobahns and Nurburgring :drive:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top