BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I had a problem to start the engine. It was okay until yesterday afternoon.
Yesterday night, i was trying to start the car to buy some food, engine was not start.
It seems OBC code was locked!!! I didn't activated.

i did test of OBC code (2 weeks ago) and situation/sound (when I turn the key) was same when i tested OBC code before.

So, i tried to put the code what i was used before, but i wasn't work.
I disconneted battery from yesterday night to this morning, it is not still working.

Any of you have an idea to solve this problem??

What i did before it is locked, open the top (mine is conv.) and take out one of rear tire to check my rear brake pad and roter.

Thanks,

·
Rather Large Member
4,553 Posts
I'm having a problem understanding what you're asking here. When you say won't start, do you mean it won't crank, or turn over, or what?
How do you know the security feature is on?
Sounds like it could be a problem with the obc relay box mine did this once. Or possibly the engine ground.

·
Rather Large Member
4,553 Posts
Sounds like a dead bettery, or bad engine ground.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lordofthewaters,
it turns out the battery problem. i thought battery was okay, because i did not turn on the light with engine off and replaced just 1yr 3months ago.
I tried jump anyway, and moter is running. I'm going to change battery.
Thanks again~!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
Thanks lordofthewaters,
it turns out the battery problem. i thought battery was okay, because i did not turn on the light with engine off and replaced just 1yr 3months ago.
I tried jump anyway, and moter is running. I'm going to change battery.
Thanks again~!!!!
If you only replaced it that long ago then dont get another battery, waste of money. your onld one would have been fine, but you probably didnt quite shut the boot or a door or something and it drained the battery. Mine goes flat if you leave the lights on all night... been there done that.
More embarassing when it happens at school tho! haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.