BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is what I got and the deal I got...I'm sure it isn't the best (about 5% over invoice...just like in the old days!) but my CA was great and I have no problem paying him a fair profit for his service.

Model:
0742 - 2007 335i

Color:
354 - Titanium Silver Metallic

Upholstery:
Black Leatherette

Options:
ZSP - Sport Package
4AC - Light Poplar natural wood trim

MSRP of 41470 minus 1500 for a sales price of 39970 plus tax, title, license and doc fees for a grand total of 44268.48 out the door.

If I decide to lease I get the buy rate MF plus 0.0002 and acquisition at cost (625).

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Nice choice Greg!:thumbup:
...sorry I am still without pics. :(

·
Oh yeah, she's my baby...
6,629 Posts
greginaz1 said:
This is what I got and the deal I got...I'm sure it isn't the best (about 5% over invoice...just like in the old days!) but my CA was great and I have no problem paying him a fair profit for his service.

Model:
0742 - 2007 335i

Color:
354 - Titanium Silver Metallic

Upholstery:
Black Leatherette (Burl Walnut)

Options:
ZSP - Sport Package

MSRP of 41470 minus 1500 for a sales price of 39970 plus tax, title, license and doc fees for a grand total of 44268.48 out the door.

If I decide to lease I get the buy rate MF plus 0.0002 and acquisition at cost (625).
Where did you go - N Scottsdale?

Why did you opt for the 'ette vs leather?

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
apar330i said:
Where did you go - N Scottsdale?

Why did you opt for the 'ette vs leather?
Hey Adam!

Yeah, N. Scottsdale's CA and SA have treated me very well.

I have had both leather and 'ette and didn't really notice much difference between the two other than the leather I had showed more wear and tear than the 'ette did...I really don't want either of them as I love my current ZHP alcantara cloth seats...so I wasn't going to shell out $1450 for leather.

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ran some numbers on estimated lease vs. cash and here is what I found out:

-Using a 71% residual and a MF of 0.0033 on a 24 month lease I get a payment of about $750 a month including tax. Total cost over 24 months is $18000 (no license or doc fees included).

-If I pay cash the total price is $43207 ($39970+$3237, no license or doc fees included)...so subtract the $18000 from that and I would need to sell the car after two years for at least $25207 to make out...note that the 71% residual above will be $29443.

So cash appears to be the much better option.

·
6,629 Posts
greginaz1 said:
Hey Adam!

Yeah, N. Scottsdale's CA and SA have treated me very well.

I have had both leather and 'ette and didn't really notice much difference between the two other than the leather I had showed more wear and tear than the 'ette did...I really don't want either of them as I love my current ZHP alcantara cloth seats...so I wasn't going to shell out $1450 for leather.
When my wife and I were checking out X3's we looked at the 'ette and to me I thought of how it would feel when it's hot. Not that leather is all that cool but I would think it would breathe a little better.

Congrats on the order Greg. I'll be intersted in hearing your impressions after you get it.

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
apar330i said:
When my wife and I were checking out X3's we looked at the 'ette and to me I thought of how it would feel when it's hot. Not that leather is all that cool but I would think it would breathe a little better.

Congrats on the order Greg. I'll be intersted in hearing your impressions after you get it.
Dude, everything here in hell is HOT...I don't care the color or material...the only thing that will make a difference is how good the AC works.

·
6,629 Posts
greginaz1 said:
Dude, everything here in hell is HOT...I don't care the color or material...the only thing that will make a difference is how good the AC works.
True, one thing I noticed is BMW A/C isn't quite as good as the Japanese makes. My wife's Lexus A/C works way better than my BMW.

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
So why not ED the car?

That way you could swing by the BMW Niederlassung and see if you can purchase an OEM cloth interior for your car... (should fit in a large suitcase).

You'd essentially get it for free too, what with the ED savings...

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
adc said:
So why not ED the car?

That way you could swing by the BMW Niederlassung and see if you can purchase an OEM cloth interior for your car... (should fit in a large suitcase).

You'd essentially get it for free too, what with the ED savings...
Yeah, but waiting 4-6 weeks to get my car back is not attractive to me.

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
greginaz1 said:
Yeah, but waiting 4-6 weeks to get my car back is not attractive to me.
But think about for a second - you could drive your very own car on the 'Ring AND get into the 'Ring Taxi. :yikes:

Those 4 extra weeks will just give you enough time to settle back into the daily routine and get rid of the old car...

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
adc said:
But think about for a second - you could drive your very own car on the 'Ring AND get into the 'Ring Taxi. :yikes:

Those 4 extra weeks will just give you enough time to settle back into the daily routine and get rid of the old car...
Well, this is part of the problem...I'd have to extend my current lease for another two months basically wiping out any 'gains'...plus I'd get a higher MF on my lease for ED...etc.

I've been to Germany a couple times already...I do like it but ?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
greginaz1 said:
I ran some numbers on estimated lease vs. cash and here is what I found out:

-Using a 71% residual and a MF of 0.0033 on a 24 month lease I get a payment of about $750 a month including tax. Total cost over 24 months is $18000 (no license or doc fees included).

-If I pay cash the total price is $43207 ($39970+$3237, no license or doc fees included)...so subtract the $18000 from that and I would need to sell the car after two years for at least $25207 to make out...note that the 71% residual above will be $29443.

So cash appears to be the much better option.
You aren't taking into account the cost of funds to pay cash for the car. You either have to borrow the $43,207 for two years and pay interest or forgo interest or other investment income from the $43,207.

Then there is the GAP insurance, protection against diminshed value and the call option on the car.

BTW Why not a three year lease? They are often cheaper.

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
adgrant said:
You aren't taking into account the cost of funds to pay cash for the car. You either have to borrow the $43,207 for two years and pay interest or forgo interest or other investment income from the $43,207.

Then there is the GAP insurance, protection against diminshed value and the call option on the car.

BTW Why not a three year lease? They are often cheaper.
Yeah,cost of money still leaves the lease about 1K higher...the key will be the MF...if it is in the 20's leasing will make more sense...if in the 30's cash might.

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chopper 918 said:
Yeah 3 yr leases are usually the cheapest way to go plus I don't think that two years would be long enough to drive such a great car.
With 3 year leases I end up driving a car that is not under warranty for several months at the end of the lease...with 2 years I have no issues there...plus the E90 M3 sedan has an SOP of December 2007 and I really want to get that so I don't want to be locked into the 335 for too long.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
To the poster who stated that they did not like the ette on the X3....I agree 100% on the X3 the ette is very bad and feels like it to the touch....on the other hand the 3 ette and leathe have a very similar feel to them because the 3 leather is very hard and the ette is very similar...try the 3 ette it is much diff. then the x3 ette....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts