BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my itinerary for my July pickup. Please critic and offer suggestions on points of interest and must do and the best scenery driving route.

Thanks

Munich (3 days):

Saturday - tour of the Neuschwanstein castle and ending the day with a visit to several key points of Interest.

Frauenkirche – Cathedral Church
Deutsches Museum
Olympic Park and Village
City Center

Sunday
Visiting Bertesgaden and water rafting

Monday

pickup my car and take a tour of the BMW 3 series and M class production facility, then head over to Nordschleife race track to enjoy the infamous Ring Taxi.

Florence (2 days):

Tuesday

exploring the city
• Uffizi
• Galleria dell'Accademia
• The Duomo

Wednesday

continue exploring the city and visiting museums. Then end the day with winery tour to Tuscany, Italy.

Portofino (1 day)

Thursday,

Quite 2 hours drive to Portofino. - need help here. Is there any places where I can do water sports such as sailing or Water skiiing.

Monaco (2 Days)

Friday - Saturday,

make my way up to Nice, France to drop off my car and spend the last 2 days site seeing, water skiing, and sailing.

Sunday,

Return back to the State

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Saturday - tour of the Neuschwanstein castle and ending the day with a visit to several key points of Interest.

Frauenkirche ***8211; Cathedral Church
Deutsches Museum
Olympic Park and Village
City Center
That's a pretty ambitious schedule for one day, the Deutsches Museum is a days worth itself.

Monday

pickup my car and take a tour of the BMW 3 series and M class production facility, then head over to Nordschleife race track to enjoy the infamous Ring Taxi.

Florence (2 days):

Tuesday

exploring the city
***8226; Uffizi
***8226; Galleria dell'Accademia
***8226; The Duomo
Are you planning on taking delivery, touring die Welt, driving to the ring, driving the Nordschleife, and then driving to Firenze all in one day? If so, that also seems very optimistic to me. My $.02 worth.

Erik

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
The comments above are correct. I'd even go a bit further: there is no way you can do all the listed things in some of the driving days, especially once you allow time for driving in and out of cities, running into traffic, making meal and fuel stops, etc.

Even your pre-pickup day in Munich is a stretch. Do you plan on walking from the U-Bahn to the D Museum and then just looking at the outside? Use the DM website to get some idea of the scale of its collection. Then use the MVV website, and you might be surprised at the travel time from the D Museum to Olympic park and back to Marienplatz. (And it will take even longer by cab.) Not to mention that it is a looong walk across the Olympic grounds.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think it sounds ambitious for the delivery & leg to Florence. I just got back from my Euro Delivery yesterday. We headed off to Verona mid-afternoon after earlier Welt delivery. It felt compressed with the 4-hour (or so) drive to Verona and Florence is another hour or more beyond. If quantity over quality is okay go for it but stop and smell the risotto.

Make sure to reserve advance tickets to the Uffizi and Academia. You'll have to pay more and still have to stand in line to pick up your reserved tickets and then to get in the museums, but those lines will be shorter than the unreserved.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I agree with all the other posts. Unless you are a marathoner, to attempt all you have laid out will leave you exhausted, frustrated, or both.

I spent almost six hours at the Welt and wish I had alloted more. I don't know where the time went.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts