BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Thanks for the terrific writeup and pictures,I fely like I was on that journey with you.I'm glad they gave you a disc to use,they're invaluable to have,especially if you want to explore.....next time,contact Beewang !

Your car will be going to the PC,it normally doesn't get transferred into their inventory until it's on das Boat..haven't had any cars end up with me that weren't supposed to,we constantly monitor customer cars for redelivery to be sure everything is correct...we'll talk soon,welcome home !

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Not sure how I missed your report from mid April. Well worth the belated read. Did not see anyone answer your question about the bowl of warm water with the lemon in it. I believe that was a finger bowl. a substitute for the hot towels they give you in Asia or when you fly first class. The lemon acts as a cleansing agent - a well known trick for getting rid of the fishy smell from your hands when involved in food preparation.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Not sure how I missed your report from mid April. Well worth the belated read. Did not see anyone answer your question about the bowl of warm water with the lemon in it. I believe that was a finger bowl. a substitute for the hot towels they give you in Asia or when you fly first class. The lemon acts as a cleansing agent - a well known trick for getting rid of the fishy smell from your hands when involved in food preparation.
Thanks! I thought I would never get that question answered.:thumbup:

Now, if only someone knew why it reads "Australia" at the top of the gate leading to Buckingham I would be at peace with my trip (getting my car in my hands would help too).

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Wonderful write-up. Might sound odd to say this, but wow, do we ever see the world through the same lenses!
Not odd at all. Maybe it's a scientific approach to the world?? :typing:

BTW, read your ED report even though it's over a year old it was great.:thumbup:
My question: did your license plate say "cortisol" or was I seeing things?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Update: PCD

There are already plenty of threads about PCD, I think it is pretty standard. I must say, our instructor Don was awesome. I'll just share a few pictures.

1. B7 in front of delivery center, love that car
2&3. Couple of pics from the Zentrum (no pics allowed during the plant tour)
4. The hot lap cometh
5. Don on the hot lap
6. Notice how the M5 is facing the wrong direction. Fully controlled 360 with DTC off on a slick surface with enough forward momentum to keep traveling forward after the 360. NICE!

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Pics of my car on delivery. Had about 188 miles on pickup 4 days ago. Has over 1000 now!

The car is (obviously) fully stock. We'll see how long that lasts. Got great recs from stressdoc.

Attachments

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Congratulations on PCD re-delivery and once again, on a great ED report!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Congratulations on PCD re-delivery and once again, on a great ED report!
Thanks. I love the car. Driving it like I stole it. I know I COULD get about 24-25mpg but I AM getting about 15-17. I just can't help it, the right foot gets excited!

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Thanks. I love the car. Driving it like I stole it. I know I COULD get about 24-25mpg but I AM getting about 15-17. I just can't help it, the right foot gets excited!
I know what you mean... It's going to be wild once I get my car re-delivered! But it's also going to be a challenge to drive the car in Florida after having experienced it in Europe. I'm not quite sure who enjoyed the twisties more... Me, or the car! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
On the way to Berg we saw an X6 with badging but with the roundels cover with black tape. I can't explain that one.
this is the last level of camouflage for the pretest models.

and about badging in germany: some don't do it because their engine is not so strong (318 etc) and others do it because of understatement and also environment (330 335....)

there are always other ways to find out like number, form and position of exhaust tubes and color of the bmw kidney...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mondo, it looks like you have a good eye for photographs, but you're sporting a Canon PowerShot A60. That's a 5-year-old, 2 megapixel point-and-shoot camera. You could spend $150 on a camera that's much better and will take sharper pictures. That A60 is just holding you back!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Mondo, it looks like you have a good eye for photographs, but you're sporting a Canon PowerShot A60. That's a 5-year-old, 2 megapixel point-and-shoot camera. You could spend $150 on a camera that's much better and will take sharper pictures. That A60 is just holding you back!
You are absolutely correct. I blew it with the camera. :cry: I'll certainly do better next time. My question now is what camera to get for someone who only takes pictures occasionally but wants them to be nice when they are taken?

----------------
Now playing: Radiohead - Reckoner
via FoxyTunes

41 - 53 of 53 Posts