Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me first apologize for not abiding by the 12-hour rule. I've been a recent lurker and learned a lot from the many informative posts here. Thank you all.

I took delivery of my 330i on 1/13/06 from Herr Ernst Fortune. He was very friendly and thorough during the process and took the time to go over most of the options with me. He even programmed my planned stops, including Harms into the nav.

What an amazing car! Once on the road, we drove straight to Stuttgart to visit friends. After spending the night in Stuttgart we drove to Salzburg for a couple of days, then on to Innsbruck for a few hours (Actually, it was Wattens...My wife had to visit the Swarovski museum). After leaving Austria, we drove back up to Garmisch. During the trip to Garmisch, I had the opportunity to take some nice twisty roads thru the mountains. :D

On the 16th we drove back to Munich. Keep in mind we experienced cold but beautiful weather up to this point (No rain or snow). However, on the 17th we woke up to go drop my car off at Harms and noticed it had snowed overnight. Not what I wanted to see since I ordered my car with sport package. I can personally testify that summer tires and snow combine to generate a significant pucker factor" :eeps: I took it very easy from the Marriott to Harms and made it there safely. The gentleman at Harms was accomodating and took care of things fairly quickly. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. Later that day we took the Munich plant tour. My opinion of the tour was very positive and only added to the whole ED experinece. I would highly recommend it if you can fit it into your schedule.

Overall, a fantastic trip. My plans were very flexible in case of bad weather, but the break in the recent wave of precipitation was welcomed. Just wish I had more time to spend there.

Attachments

·
Freude am Fahren
19,687 Posts
cwbuf said:
Well let me first apologize for not abiding by the 12-hour rule.
The 12-hour committee will review your post and render a decision as to whether you are entitled to keep your car. :)

Sounds like you had a great trip - post more pictures and you'll get a favorable decision from the committee.

·
Dog fight anyone?
1,066 Posts
Nice pics and write up...

Sparkling Graphite looks like a different color in just about every picture I've seen. I would have sworn your car was Black Sapphire...

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Nice :thumbup:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,687 Posts
x3Bruin said:
Sparkling Graphite looks like a different color in just about every picture I've seen.
One of the many things I like about the color! Each time I walk up to the car it's changed!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Where are you in Tampa ?

We're living in Ybor and waiting for our 325xiT (which is currently crossing the Atlantic) from our December ED trip. You're the third Tampa'n to do ED in the past 3 months.

·
Dog fight anyone?
1,066 Posts
Jspira said:
One of the many things I like about the color! Each time I walk up to the car it's changed!
Yeah, but can make finding your car in a parking lot difficult at times - no?. Sort of like when you have a rental car, and forget what color it is...thats when I use the "trunk pop-up" feature on the key remote of those damn Hertz Tauruses (or is it Tauri?).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jspira said:
The 12-hour committee will review your post and render a decision as to whether you are entitled to keep your car. :)

Sounds like you had a great trip - post more pictures and you'll get a favorable decision from the committee.

I'll post more pics to save my car :)

I just found out as of the 18th I'm booked on the Boheme scheduled to leave out on 26/01/2006 and arrive in NJ on 09/02/2006. Here's hoping I see my car by the end of Feb.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
x3Bruin said:
Nice pics and write up...

Sparkling Graphite looks like a different color in just about every picture I've seen. I would have sworn your car was Black Sapphire...

I really like the color. It does seem to change based on the lighting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
andyinfl said:
We're living in Ybor and waiting for our 325xiT (which is currently crossing the Atlantic) from our December ED trip. You're the third Tampa'n to do ED in the past 3 months.
I'm in the Tampa Palms area

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
What do you think about the Swarovski museum? I am debating about whether we should skip certain towns on the Romantic road to reach Wattens before the museum closes or just skip it. Is it something not worth missing (in your opinion i.e)??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
am_ver said:
What do you think about the Swarovski museum? I am debating about whether we should skip certain towns on the Romantic road to reach Wattens before the museum closes or just skip it. Is it something not worth missing (in your opinion i.e)??

I could have done without it, but my wife thought it was great. If crystals and artistic creations done with crystals are your sort of thing I think you will enjoy it. Worse case, you can get thru the museum in an hour.

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
cwbuf, Beautiful car! Great pics and write up. Now that agonizing wait. Best wishes for a speedy redelivery! :beerchug:

·
Registered
48 Posts
How did you find out what ship your car is on so fast?

I picked up and drop off my car on Jan 13 and I still don't know which ship my car is on?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
thanks for the pics.

My favorite caption '3. Somewhere in Austria..."

I like to think there is a bit of "winging" the itineraries on ED. Much of my 6500 miles of ED travel has been decided on the spot... and that's one of the freedoms ED gives you, go where you like on whatever road you feel like.

On my first 8 Euro trips, traveling by rail was great... love it. But when you see something beautiful go by, you cant just pull over and check it out... ED is great for that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tomliu75 said:
How did you find out what ship your car is on so fast?

I picked up and drop off my car on Jan 13 and I still don't know which ship my car is on?
Go to the following site and enter you VIN

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/searchCargo.do?trackType=Auto

That should tell you what vessel you're on. To find out when it's scheduled to depart go to:

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/countryList.do

Select Origin and destination countires followed by origin and destination ports. Your vessel and its associated departure and arrival date should be listed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
cwbuf said:
Go to the following site and enter you VIN

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/searchCargo.do?trackType=Auto

That should tell you what vessel you're on. To find out when it's scheduled to depart go to:

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/countryList.do

Select Origin and destination countires followed by origin and destination ports. Your vessel and its associated departure and arrival date should be listed.
That site only works for shipments to the east coast. Ships to west coast used the NYK line which doesn't have any tracking information. East coast people are so lucky.

I called the BMW ED for my shipping info but they couldn't tell me anything and said to just wait for the letter.

Based on the ships leaving Bremerhaven from NYK liner, I think i'm on the Jupiter Diamond leaving on Jan 24 but I'm hoping that I made it to the Hual Tokyo which left on Jan 15. The wait is killing me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
cwbuf said:
1. Salzburg town square

2. Hohensalzburg Fortress

3. Somewhere in Austria...

4. Somewhere in Austria...
cwbuf,

Congratulations!! Great pics. You should be able to get the car Feb end. Goodluck

ad2005

1 - 20 of 20 Posts