BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I take off in about 8 hours for my trip to Munich. Here's our itinery so far:

Day 1 Munich Later departure to Kitsbuhel Austria

Day 2 in and around Kitsbuhel then on to Salzburg for Mozart 250th anniv. Concert and dinner at the fortress.

Day 3 - In and around salzburg then off to Venice

Day 4 - Bologna and more importantly Modena for Ferrari factory tour. My girlfiend studied in Bologna so she's gonna give me the tour.

Day 6 - Lugano and Lake Como area

Day 7 - Black forest and stuttgart

Day 8 Nurburgring - I'm gonna take one moderate lap, what the hell :)

Day 9 - Tour the rhine valley

Day 10 - trek back to Munich and tour around

Day 11 - Head back to the states for a monday morning consulting gig in southern Cali (ICK!)

I'll post and upload pics as we go. Wish me luck!

·
friend of the marque
4,943 Posts
Sounds awesome, congrats and have a great time.

I've had dinner in the fortress before several yrs ago, that is a neat experience.

Life is Good, enjoy!

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Congratulation with your new car. :thumbup:
Any chanve we can bump to each other in Munich or Lake Como?

·
Happily Driving
7,201 Posts
Have a great time!

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
Looks like you're going to have about 5 hours in each place (except Modena/Maranello). Glad you're priorities are in order.
I do wish you luck. With any, Schuey, Badoer or Massa will be testing at Fiorano when you're there. That is a phenomenal experience to behold!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well 1552 miles later and countless Euros in petrol later.... The trip was amazing. We changed our plans up a bit but amazing nontheless. I'll give you more updates once I get the pics (I took mostly film so I get developed digi). The highlight was driving through the remote italian border crossing where we had to actually take a train with the car as the road was washed out. 20km tunnel on a train was fun.

PICS TO FOLLOW>

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
Congrats on what sounds like a wonderful trip. Can't wait to see the pics! :thumbup:

·
F1 Zealot
39 Posts
Regarding Modena, have your girlfriend take you down the road to Maranello (center of the universe) to the Ferrari Race Works. I doubt you'll be able to tour but you'll recognize the front of the place from countless photographs and the movie Grand Prix. Right across the road is Galleria Ferrari which is a MUST visit. Incredible displays of countless F1 and Sport Racing Ferraris. Also, all sorts of cool memorablilia for sale.

If its around noon, pop into the little pub across the street from the factory. We popped in for lunch and a beer on the Monday following this year's San Marino GP and all the Ferrari workers were in there back slapping each other (Ferrari won the race). It made a lasting memory of a great week.

If you're into Ferrari, check out the restaurant Diana while in Bologna. The walls are adorned with neat photos of the Ferrari race team celebrating their championships at the restaurant. Good food as well. Have a great trip!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
i unexpectedly ran into briumo at the delivery center while he was picking up.

We chatted for a while, and then strangely enough we ran into each other again on the munich subway.

small world.

i will post pictures and description of my ed trip shortly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts