BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've finally got my Euro Delivery pictures posted, plus a brief write-up of the trip. There are many, many pictures so enjoy the parts you are interested in.

Some sections are car content: Especially the first two, Fiorano and the last section. Other sections are mixed with just our vacation and some car content, like the Germany section, which has some really cool pictures of my first ever car wash in the Austrian Alps!

Otherwise, ignore or enjoy the pictures of the rest of the trip as you please. Your comments of course are welcome.

Thanks to everyone here for the support and appreciation for Euro Delivery. Though I was planning for years to do this second ED, I was teetering at the very end, but the enthusiasm from this board pushed me just when I needed it. And it was of course, another great adventure! - Gene

Euro Delivery Write-up and pictures

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Very cool! Thanks! I think your itinerary will be our itinerary in October. :thumbup:

Also, what map software did you use to plot out the itinerary? I'd like to trace the one Agent99, TGray5 and I did last march.

:)

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Oh yeah, I need to get you that route we took, Arn. :)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Microsoft MapPoint Europe is an EXCELLENT software for that. That's where I got the map. It's street level of all Europe.

The first day with the car, my burned nav disk was not working, and I drove with rchoudry and our ladys to Regensburg. When we got near, (20 miles) all the looking I had done on Mappoint before leaving kicked in, and I drove us right to the factory without having to stop for directions! Cool stuff. (Then I got a new nav DVD the next day and all was well)

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
Hey Gene cool write up and cool pics. That color is awesome but I always worry about it being a cop magnet specially yours being an M3. There is nothing like ED specially as you mentioned visiting friends or family. My wheels are almost in my pocession. Morning Melody arrived 4/25. :thumbup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Great photos and car!

Great photos Gene! So many also. You two must have taken a picture of almost everything. It reminds me already of my ED in March when we met and all the items and places I didn't take a picture. Glad you captured them for everyone.

BTW - the car looks great! I can't wait to get mine back.

·
Happy as a snapping clam
812 Posts
Great pics and Thanks!

e36M3r said:
I've finally got my Euro Delivery pictures posted, plus a brief write-up of the trip. There are many, many pictures so enjoy the parts you are interested in.
Euro Delivery Write-up and pictures
Great photos of a beautiful car. Imola Red is excellent! :thumbup:
What is is again that you don't want me to leave in the car at dropoff? Oh, yeah, thanks for the Nav DVD. I am too psyched. :eeps: :eeps:

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
I just realized you had more pictures behind the ones with the write up, you may want to post that. I was wondering if the camera you used was a cassio exilim. I used the same camera but my picture quality was not nearly as good as yours. Is yours a 4mp or 5mp, I just wonder if the mp difference makes a difference in the quality of your pictures. It should! :dunno:

·
Registered
207 Posts
excellent pics! I saw the Mini on the first set of pics and then later saw it was a local delivery on your last set. Does Mini do ED for Americans also?

·
likes red
37 Posts

The way I was told it was that the indention in the wall was that of the devil, and as he was trying to get into this church, by clawing his way in hence the marks (dots), his spine was burned into this corner or something. Supposedly if you try to count the dots, you will get a different number everytime no matter how careful you count. This is what I was told when I visited it.. sorry ut I noticed it while browsing through your pics.. Great car, and wonderful coverage of your trip. Is the ca back yet?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
fantastic write-up, Gene.

It was great meeting you guys in Munich!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone.

yamilrx - I drove a red Alfa for 13 years, then had my white e36M3 for 8, now I'm ready for red again... let's hope for the best! :p I changed that page around a bit to hopefully indicate where the galleries are a bit clearer. Mine is a new Pentax SV 5mp. Its very small, but is the first camera of its size to have a 5x optical zoom

pedersenkl - I worked at a camera shop for 5 years starting in High school and got a bit burned out to photography, so I have 6 euro trips with no photos and three now with. But especially now, with a small digital camera and computers it has renewed my willingness to carry a camera.

djlfp - almost here, you will have a great time!! Wheels up!

sharma - not sure about mini ED but I've never heard of it either.

budman - good call. Yes, the part about the can't count the same # was what I heard, but you added to it, well done. When will you be reunited with your M?

rashad - same here. That day was hectic, plus couldn't carry the camera in the plant, otherwise we would have some pictures of that!

·
ICH LIEBE BMW!!!!
742 Posts
THANKS!!!!!

I love the many postings here about people's trips!!!! :D All it does is make me want to get my 5 Series ASAP!!!!!

Looks like you had a most cool trip!!! Thanks for the narrative and the great images!!!

Cheers,

Mark in Austin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I really enjoyed reading and viewing -- even though I am afraid it will cost me a lot (almost $60K :) )

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Europe rocks. :guitar:

Europe with a new BMW uber rocks. :guitar: :guitar:

:D

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
Thanks for sharing your wonderful Euro delivery trip. The photographs are terrific along with the write up. It was very obvious you had a really great trip. Makes me all look forward all the more to our return Euro delivery this September.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everybody.

Due to the inability :rofl: of the master Bee to wade thru so many pictures I put up a summation page and more targeted pictures which should be of primary interest to BMW folk, so here's the new link! :thumbup: (IE: Now you don't have to wade thru the family photos also!)

Euro Delivery Pictures and Write-up

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Gene, as you can see from my Sig, I am an avid F1 fan and more of the anti-the bouncing donkey team as well as their driver "Spoon-face" (M. Schumaucker) :thumbdwn:

You cannot impress me w/ that red car :p ....Now... if the picture was Silverstone w/ the BMW Williams Blue and my boy Webber in it....then I'd be truly impressed (.... as in " I am not worthy... I am not worthy...") ;)

:D

beewang :bigpimp:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts