BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, this is actually my first post but I noticed nobody replies to your threads in the new member section.. But I just bought my first real car.. It is really special to me.. I was actually a merc fan but when i bought my 08 e92 328i i now know BMW is the truth.. My car still has the factory on it and one of my angel eyes has been burnt out.. it was out when I bought my car but it didn't really bother me.. Are angel eyes covered?? any deductibles?? Also, how are bmw's warranties?? Are they good about covering you??

·
Registered
296 Posts
From my understanding, headlamps are not covered under CPO warranty, but under new car warranty. However if it is an electrical component malfunctioning, it may be covered by CPO. So it really depends on the kind of warranty you have.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,936 Posts
Everything is covered under warranty except tires.
Almost everything is covered by either the warranty or the maintenance program, except tires and gas. The maintenance program covers manufacturer recommended maintenance, when the car tells you it is due. However, things like wheel alignments are not covered.

Your angel eye light will be covered by the new car warranty.

From my understanding, headlamps are not covered under CPO warranty, but under new car warranty. However if it is an electrical component malfunctioning, it may be covered by CPO. So it really depends on the kind of warranty you have.
You are correct, lights, among lots of other little things (like trim pieces, glass, etc.), are specifically excluded with the CPO warranty. All of the really important and expensive stuff is covered.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
You don't indicate whether this car has an extended CPO warranty. If it does, you pay $50 each time a covered claim is made. Lights and any wear and tear item are not covered. Major systems are. Same deal with original warranty-except no $50 deductible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You don't indicate whether this car has an extended CPO warranty. If it does, you pay $50 each time a covered claim is made. Lights and any wear and tear item are not covered. Major systems are. Same deal with original warranty-except no $50 deductible.
sorry guys I haven't had time to reply to any of your posts.. But no it's not an extended cpo.. it's an 08 with 30k miles.. Covered with the full factory warranty till next september.. But i'm taking it in for service on monday and buying some led angel eye bulbs

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
sorry guys I haven't had time to reply to any of your posts.. But no it's not an extended cpo.. it's an 08 with 30k miles.. Covered with the full factory warranty till next september.. But i'm taking it in for service on monday and buying some led angel eye bulbs
You may be in for a surprise when you find out the cost of swapping out your angel eyes for LEDs.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Make sure they check the whole car out since its only 5 months 'til end of warranty.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts