BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my Z4 35is back in May, and the warning light ( the ! sign) started come on since last week. I suspected it to be due to low engine oil level (which later I could confirm), but I decided to take it to a nearby BMW dealership.

I had put on Dual-Cone intake for my car, but I decided to put back the stock intake before taking the car in since I've heard stories about many BMW dealers blaming mechanical issues on any aftermarket mod.

The wait was a little longer than I thought it'd be(30 minutes with appointment), but the service was not too bad. As I suspected, only service needed was the engine oil to be topped off. They charged me $7 and change to my surprise, however. I thought any maintenance was covered. (They said topping off the engine oil was not maintenance.) I guess I could've just added oil myself had I known it wasn't free. Would have saved the time and energy spent swapping the air intake.

Anyways, I thought I'd share my experience with anyone who had similar concern as me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.