BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my covers from Iggee for my 1995 bmw 318i convertible. Yes they are covers, but for the price I'm pleased. Only complaint is the hole cut for the side lever is too big and does not fit well

Before:

After:

·
Registered
12,435 Posts
wow. details?? were they oe style stitching?? cost?? letather/leatherette?? did you do the recover, or did a shop?? :dunno:

df

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,469 Posts
Looks pretty good. They don't have the same contours on the back as before, but it's a major improvement nonetheless.

·
Registered
12,435 Posts
were these covers that went over top, or did you remove the old seat covering and replace with these?? their site seems to be a lot of covers....:dunno:

overall a big improvement from the ones in there, but i think i would like to get actual seat covers, not just the ones that slip over top...

still, they look like they came out great. glad you enjoy them. 6 month update on wear and tea, fit and finish??

df

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you get the rear as well?
If so how does it address the ski pass cushion?

Going to have a speaker there and do not want to cover it (semi)permanently.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you get the rear as well?
No I just did the front at this time. The back is still in pretty good shape. Unfortunately the color on the new covers is lot lighter. I might try the rears soon just so they match. I'll post pics if I do.

·
BMW CCA Member
3,419 Posts
There was another upholstery shop someone else on these forums recommended and I can come up with the name for the life of me. But what I saw, you have to re-cover the seats with hogrings and all, and the seat looks brand new, like from the factory all over again.

Anyone recall their names? I mean the Iggee seat covers look nice, but the stitching looks so far off.

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
There was another upholstery shop someone else on these forums recommended and I can come up with the name for the life of me. But what I saw, you have to re-cover the seats with hogrings and all, and the seat looks brand new, like from the factory all over again.

Anyone recall their names? I mean the Iggee seat covers look nice, but the stitching looks so far off.
Were you thinking about the Trimcar replacement upholstery I have?

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
30,568 Posts
I installed these on my coupe. They are real leather. Manufacturing date of 1994. He only has them in black for standard seats
They require removing factory covers and hog ring installation
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270829669460?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
How about some pictures of them installed in your car. I can't tell a thing from the eBay ad other than two piles of crumpled leather

I mean the Iggee seat covers look nice, but the stitching looks so far off.
If you didn't know what the stitching pattern was, you'd never know they were any different. I am quite impressed with them myself. Stitching pattern be hanged.

I'd rather have the Trimcar stuff, since I've seen and ridden in Don's car (it looks OEM and feels even better than OEM), but if economics is a problem (when isn't it?) the Iggee product is a very nice alternative.

·
Registered
12,435 Posts
i agree with ken, in that the slip ons are an easier install, and that stitching isn't something that people notice when getting into a car unless they're car buffs like us.

those ebay units are rather decent and affordable, but the no headress and non-sport seat only is a deal breaker X2. :(

other than that, i like the company that don used. :thumbup:

df

·
BMW CCA Member
3,419 Posts
Were you thinking about the Trimcar replacement upholstery I have?
Trimcar!!! That's it. Do you have the site URL?

And granted that a regular person wouldn't notice the stitch pattern, but I am the type of person that people would buy a car from since I don't like to miss any details (OCD big time). I know a lot of people won't notice it, but it's one of those things that will eat me up inside, as minute a detail as it is.

·
Poet of Signature Quotes
1,976 Posts

And granted that a regular person wouldn't notice the stitch pattern, but I am the type of person that people would buy a car from since I don't like to miss any details (OCD big time). I know a lot of people won't notice it, but it's one of those things that will eat me up inside, as minute a detail as it is.
I am far from surprised by this statement. :rofl:

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
12,925 Posts

It's a complicated URL LOL! http://www.trimcar.com/

·
Registered
185 Posts
Leather skins from Ebay

I installed these on my coupe. They are real leather. Manufacturing date of 1994. He only has them in black for standard seats
They require removing factory covers and hog ring installation
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270829669460?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
I was going to start a new thread asking if anyone has installed these when I came across this not-too-old post....

Could you please provide photos of the finished install? I see someone has asked already but I see that no pictures were ever posted.

Also, the listing states for 1992-1996 models. My son has a 1997... aren't E36 sedans the same through 1998?

Thanks!

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
30,568 Posts
I'd like to see those (http://www.ebay.com/itm/270829669460...84.m1497.l2649) installed, too.

FYI, the shop we were talking about (www.trimcar.com) has closed, and the website is gone. Trimcar is no more. :cry: The owner died and the family closed the business, with no apparent intention of selling it to anyone else. This is a terrible loss. Their products were every bit as good as OEM, if not better, and at reasonable prices.

·
Registered
12,435 Posts
yes, am sad to hear of the passing of the owner :( as well as not being able to get their product for my car.

it looks like i will be needing to source another upholstry shop for when the time comes to get the seats done.

df

1 - 20 of 24 Posts