BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm driving to work and it's early, really early and dark with very few cars on the road, and I'm stopped at a red light. The Power button is engaged, but not the M button, and the light turns green and I decide to do a nice launch. I do, but make sure that I don't exceed 50 mph (the speed limit is 40 mph) because that seems to be the threshhold for getting pulled over on this stretch of road. I'm doing 47 mph and right on my rear bumper is a police cruiser. I assume that he was some distance behind when the light went green (because there was no one behind me at the time), saw the launch, and presumed that I was going for a land speed record. OK, so he stays on my rear (so close that I can't see his headlights) and follows me like that for about 1/2 mile and then backs off. No blue lights, no wailer. [These guys are really good at stalking because there was absolutely no one behind me when I took off.] I guess he figured I was just trying to have some fun with the car, while I could, at the edge of the envelop.

·
Nerdy G
908 Posts
lmao @land speed record

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
montgomery county cops have absolutely no life. i thought nova cops were @sses, but montgomery cops def trump them all lol

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
montgomery county cops have absolutely no life. i thought nova cops were @sses, but montgomery cops def trump them all lol
I have to disagree, and not just because the MCPD gave me a pass yesterday. The places I've lived include NYC, D.C., L.A., and NoVA, and the MCPD are (in my opinion) by far the most diverse, couteous, and professional police officers I've encountered. Of course, every organization has its share of jerks and, I'm sure, the MCPD has had a few, but you can pull up next to a MCPD officer and at least have a friendly conversation. I have. Also, I once had to call the MCPD to my home because my daughter had given an unauthorized after school party and some items turned up missing. When the officers came I was very impressed at how they lectured my daughter on the dangers of what she had done.

·
Registered
368 Posts
No need for him to be on your azz lik that. Tap the brakes on him.
Actually, I'm sure he was grabbing his plate number and making sure things checked out. When they did, he let the guy on his way. Doesn't sound too bad of a move for the cop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts