BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like some feed-back from others on my probable specs for my M3.
Here they are;
2003 M3
JB,
Black Leather,
Moon roof,
Xenons,
Aluminum interior trim,
HK stereo,

This set up fits my budget nicely while still providing some very respectable options. It' about 5K more than the 330ci I was considering. I think a six speed will be fun as opposed to $2500=$50 a month for the SMG. Plus with the SMG I kind of feel like I might as well just go all the way and next thing you know my M3 is 58K and has turned into something other than a toy and would at that point be a lifestyle. I like a fast car but I don't want it to be the only thing in my life. Sure I could spend another 5K but then I might as well get an M3 cab. Please share your thoughts with me on this. Thanks again.
-Lori

·
Law Enforcer
1,344 Posts
Your spec sounds nice, and I too opted for the manual. SMG didn't do anything for me. I enjoy rowing the cogs. Are you sure you want to deal w/ black though? It's a hard color to keep up!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I am not sure that black is the way to go. I also think Alpine white with Imola red interior would look nice as well as unique. Steel grey is also great looking so is Titanium but everyone has that. I think the blues are all very rich and pretty but they just don't call me like they used to. And PY and IR would call too much attention to me. Techno Violet is just gorgeous though maybe a little over the top. I just keep seeing these pics of JB and I think, "Ooooooooh ya baby". I really think I will end up driving the car alot more than I plan. For that reason alone I can't settle on JB.
-Lori

·
Registered
221 Posts
if I had bought a new M i would have gone with imola red/black leather. but i can't complain about jet black :) it's a pain to keep clean, but this car has far less surface area to zaino than my black truck did so it doesn't bother me much =)

·
Law Enforcer
1,344 Posts
Funny you mention PY w/ IR...that's the combo I ordered. It is an attention getter, but I wanted an M3-only color for my M3. Laguna Seca is just too much blue for me, and all the other colors cost an extra 2k that I didn't want to pay. So I opted for PY. The silvers and blacks are nice, but they are a dime a dozen. There are just too many black or silver BMW's around and I wanted to be different. =) Good thing I'm going to the CHP, so that PY won't have an effect on tickets!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lori,

Your selection sounds great, hey it's an M3, how can you go wrong?

The question you need to ask yourself is, if you are going to buy a 50K plus car, why not get everything you want?

The SMG is the future of shifting. Although, a modern CVT with "gear selection" would be more efficent (ala the Skyline).

I'm getting it.

If you are thinking of black, and want an M only color, you should look at Carbon Black. Much cooler.

Black on black means very HOT in the summer, hard to keep clean, dings show from a mile away....

On the plus side, Hey, it's black on black.

I have gone through this dilemma myself, and just am going to go for it (with Steel Grey / Cin). The only thing I won't spring for is a special color. I like the factory ones.

I have worked a deal to "Only" pay MSRP." We shall see how it goes.

Good luck.

-eric

·
Law Enforcer
1,344 Posts
I got info from the dealer today. My M3 order status is 150 and week 45 production as of 11/1. What exactly is status 150?

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
M3Inline6 said:
I got info from the dealer today. My M3 order status is 150 and week 45 production as of 11/1. What exactly is status 150?
Status 150 means they have started to actually build YOUR car.

I really like SMG. I don't like moon roofs.

Just about every M3 I see is Ti Sliver or one of the blacks. An occasional IR.

But it is all personal. Get what YOU want, and don't worry about what anybody else says.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
I'm not so sure . . .

how the aluminum trim will look with the black leather. SONET has aluminum trim on his 330, but it's with light gray interior (and looks good).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts