BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was installed this saturday, here are few pictures of it, ride is excellent with these tires, goodbye to RFT. My TPMS are acting up, i need to take it back for a look, i have checked the air pressure, it is OK.

The color of Wheels is Hyper silver, looks great with Grey Metallic Color. Drove around 100 miles, ride is very good and not much road noise, i have to drive in rain for a complete feel of these tires but so far so good.

Attachments

·
Bad Lieutenant
6,358 Posts
TPMS acting up? Symptoms? Have you reset while the car is in motion?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did reset it while driving but same problem. How do i lower the car? i mean who can do this.

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
What is it with "lowering the car". If you want to make a low rider start with a 64 Impala not a BMW.

CA

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't want to lower the car than in it's original configuration, one of the reply to my post was I have to lower it, thought it is not properly done!

·
Fluggaenkdechioebolsen!
201 Posts
What is it with "lowering the car". If you want to make a low rider start with a 78 Chevy Monte Carlo not a BMW.

·
Fluggaenkdechioebolsen!
201 Posts
I don't want to lower the car than in it's original configuration, one of the reply to my post was I have to lower it, thought it is not properly done!
:dunno:

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
I like the rims! :thumbup:

About 1,000 miles in with the DWS now myself and I have nothing but good words for them. I am curious how they wear but if they last two years and about 25k miles, I'd be thrilled.

My wheels are hyper silver as well right now; though you can wipe it off. :eeps: (Dang brake dust...)

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I like the rims! :thumbup:
About 1,000 miles in with the DWS now myself and I have nothing but good words for them. I am curious how they wear but if they last two years and about 25k miles, I'd be thrilled.
After 10,000 miles on the 17" DWS tires on my 128i, it looks like they will go a total of about 40k miles on the rears and around 65k on the fronts, using 3/32" as minimum tread. Given the low price and very good performance, they are a great value.

Tom

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
After 10,000 miles on the 17" DWS tires on my 128i, it looks like they will go a total of about 40k miles on the rears and around 65k on the fronts, using 3/32" as minimum tread. Given the low price and very good performance, they are a great value.

Tom
Now THAT would be something!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how do i reset the TPMS, i have checked the tire pressure and checked by the tire shop, they could not find anything wrong with it, do i need to get it to dealership. does changing the wheels from 16 to 18 inch cause this issue?

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
how do i reset the TPMS, i have checked the tire pressure and checked by the tire shop, they could not find anything wrong with it, do i need to get it to dealership. does changing the wheels from 16 to 18 inch cause this issue?
It's in the manual. See page 74.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had to hold the button in reset mode and wait for the check mark, I did change the valve cap to BMW logo caps ( plastic), all good now

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
The BMW manual is your friend.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Good timing. I was considering the Continental DWS for the fiance's VW. What were you using before them? OEM RFT's? Which ones?

By the way, do any of our 3-Bimmer's in the North come with summer tires standard? I checked the lot when I picked up mine and they were all all-season Contiprocontact SSR's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts