BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Proud new owner of a 2018 Yas Marina Blue M4 w/ manual transmission. I actually got it earlier this year but just now getting around to posting. I am from Brooklyn, NY. Although I don't get to push this thing since NYC speed limit is 25mph/streets, 45/expressway, I am still loving this amazing car! I get to open it up when I go to Long Island or Jersey, but still trying to learn all the nice driving spots, so any of you guys located in the NYC area, let me know!

I previously had a 2015 435ix, which I loved but there is no comparison with the M4! Anyways, just wanted to say hello and I hope to learn and chat with you guys!

Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very hard to enjoy the car with the borough limits... I live in Brooklyn and average 15mph lol.... I look forward to weekend when I drive out to jersey to visit family. That***8217;s when I get to enjoy the car. Anyway enjoy your new ride it***8217;s beautful.

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
Love Yas! And manuals!

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
I commuted in and out of NYC for many years in MT cars. It never bothered me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I live near a big city also (Chicago). For me, it's not so much the commute and traffic that's the problem (which can be a big headache), but the road condition. I already bent one of my wheels on a big pothole last year ever since taking delivery. The Comp. package combined with the ultra low-profile tires makes for a very rough ride on bumpy roads. You really have to be on your toes when driving this car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
For those in NYC area. Take the car up to route 84 then just jump on some back roads and work your way up to Lake Wallenpaupack for the day. Tons of winding country roads. I drive my M4 n Cayman S up here until the snow hits. No sunglasses on the winding shady roads. You ask why? I can see the deer better. Thus be careful at dusk n dawn,n even during the day. Deer are running n 2x a year I stop for bear crossing

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
I live near a big city also (Chicago). For me, it's not so much the commute and traffic that's the problem (which can be a big headache), but the road condition. I already bent one of my wheels on a big pothole last year ever since taking delivery. The Comp. package combined with the ultra low-profile tires makes for a very rough ride on bumpy roads. You really have to be on your toes when driving this car.
My 2015 M4 had 18s and Adaptive M Suspension. My 2018 M4 has Competition Package (which includes Adaptive M suspension) and 19s. Both cars are far better on bumpy roads than my 2007 335i with Sport Suspension and 18" RFTs was. That car was for all practical purposes undrivable in NYC until I got rid of the RFTs and installed Koni FSD shocks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.