Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Official Queen of E36 OT
4,460 Posts
..... the display was purple! Sheesh, you should know by now.... I don't ever hush up. Duh! :rolleyes:

Kenwood all the way.

·
Registered Non-OP
14,496 Posts
G'day everyone.

First post. I just bought a '94 325i and I thought I would introduce myself. Fell in love with bimmers and this one in particular.

It's got big 19'" mags (i also have the stock ones which i may use instead since i can't afford the $1200AUD for new ones), lowered suspension, a bootlip spolier, tail lights and side lights, angel eyes and eye brows but otherwise is stock. The last owner did all of these things, not sure about the eye-brows yet. The angel eyes arn't working at the moment either.

I absolutely love it. This is my first car, my dad bought me and my little brother an Excel to learn in so you can imagine how stoked I am to have this! It's so luxurious, so fast and so well thought out.

I have a few questions,

1. I have jammed a CD in my 6 Stacker somehow. Was driving it around for the first time and the bastard ate my Beatles CD!! It ejects the magazine alright but refuses to give me back Sgt Peppers and says disc error on the dash! I'm listining to Britney Spears on the radio without it, it's horrible.

Can anyone suggest a good head unit which integrates well with the stock interior, can do CDs and can do iPod integration?

2. There is a strip around my windows that has rusted and peeled off. Whats the best way to approach fixing this?

Heres a picture:

Thanks!!
DAMN!!!!!!! Is that Techno Violet? Thats ONE of my favorite colors on the E36. Looks good and yes Id go with Kenwood or Pioneer as a HU.

And Amber is right, you would fit in quite nicely in this group :D.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've been on a few forums in my time and never got this kinda response. Good on you guys.

The colour is some wierd name blue (melicialsisjadka.... blue), i'll look it up for you. It does look like sex. Still decided if i like the rims or not.

Do you guys still have stock exhaust systems, cause supposedly mine does but it sounds like a BEAST!!

I'll be a little more diplomatic then barbie but I was just lookin for something that suited the car better. If you will excuse my poor photoshoping skills...

This is the HU i was talking about.

Link to Kenwood: http://au.kenwood.com/Car_Entertainment/1DIN_Receivers/KDC-XBT8013U

And this is what i'd imagine it would look like inside the Bimmer. (copied your pic phatom cause your interior is otherwise identical to mine)

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Lol - we don't really care about diplomacy here. If you think my HU looked bad too, feel free to say it. :rofl: Not to mention, we all kinda just ignore Amber (barbie) anyway. She's sort of our attitude and eye candy here, that's why we keep her around.

:p

(Love ya honey. Don't smack me. :rofl:)

But yeah, that looks good. I personally hate not having a slot on the front (and Kenwood didn't make any with red displays when I bought mine) so it wouldn't be for me, but get what you want. Nice Pshop, too. Looks like a great unit feature wise.

Color is probably Mauritusblau.

·
Official Queen of E36 OT
4,460 Posts
He's my fav noob, Usama. Officially. :lmao:

And I really REALLY like that HU, I might have to get that one too honestly. I've been still wanting my double din to fit, but its looking like a no-go (yeah, it took me months of hearing that to finally admit defeat...) and still can't stand flip-outs. IDK maybe not, since I really want a screen. But if I go single din, I'm getting that one too.

"Just our attitude and eye candy"?! Alrighty then mister, see if you get to help pick my new avatar then! And *might* even be a Hooters shirt! :p Punk ass.

I am too diplomatic, just not when it comes to Chadwick, since he knows I'm not just sugar and sweetness so don't have to be nice. Playing nice is boring anyway.

My exhaust is M3, and it's pretty quiet IMO, but then again I'm used to hearing modded domestics and imports, so... But it does sound freaking awesome.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
:rofl:

Flip out screens are stupid. Look cheap and sh*tty, and block the vents. But the 1DINs with the hidden CD slots are just plain annoying. YMMV. :dunno:

All you do is either argue with me over petty things, or agree with me, so yeah - we keep ya around for the funny attitude and eye candy. :p

:kiss:

I will admit you were hilariously diplomatic in that one thread where you said it wasn't quite your style or something like that. :lmao:

The M3 exhaust is not very loud, but it has a great baritone sound.

·
Official Queen of E36 OT
4,460 Posts
That's why I said I don't want a flip-out.... I don't like 'em. Didn't I say that, or did you choose to not read that part? :p

I'm diplomatic when I choose to be. All a matter of what mood I'm in. I'm not a meanie head like Mike (even though he's hilarious... :rofl:)

I do NOT argue with you over silly things. They're usually quite meaningful and useful, thank you very much. I can't even remember the last time we argued, actually. Well, besides now, that is. But you're screwing up Speedy's thread wtf Chad?! We like him, he's cool. Maybe he won't even mind the whoring and OT-takeover. :D

Anyway, I make you guys laugh for real, not just the boring "lol" that isn't true laughter. Once or twice I was even helpful, and I'm quite proud of that!

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Now that was a real laugh. Excellent sig!!! :thumbup:

(As a side note, this is a very silly thing and you chose to argue over it. Case in point? I think so.)

·
Official Queen of E36 OT
4,460 Posts
Thought you'd like it! Fit so very well that I couldn't help myself. :D

(About arguing over silly things, that's why I said up until now. Duh. :p)

·
Senor Apple
319 Posts
here's the one that came with my car from the previous owner. I kinda like it you can change the colors of the display (ooohhh!!!!) :) but seriously it's cool I plug in my phone to the AUX cable and I listen to the iPod or hit up some Pandora when I'm bored of my music and wanna discover new music. :thumbup:

·
Registered Non-OP
14,496 Posts
He's my fav noob, Usama. Officially. :lmao:
Yea, I think he passed for me on my side (sorry for all you other newbie's).

Oh and OP, please get some differnet rims, the people on the forums would flame you for those and you would be safe getting some 17's :thumbup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
It's okay everyone, there's enough noob to go around. No need to fight.

@cmy, i agree on the rims. They are a little over-the-top for my style. I also have the stockies but they're really high-profile and not the coolest either. I want something inbetween at like 17". Either way, i'm driving these till i run out of tread for money's sake. I love your rims barbie. I may put your car on blocks and rob them.

That Sony one looks good. I dont' like the look of plugs on the front tho. Doesn't really bother me that the CD slot is hidden, esp since at the moment it's in the boot (now that's hidden).

Flip out screens are for tossers.

Edit: oh and we managed to fix my stacker by putting a blank CD in so it ate that instead of peppers. So now i'm listening to Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds and the stacker is working, if only temporarily. Still want a new HU tho.

·
Official Queen of E36 OT
4,460 Posts
Thanks! Mine are 18s, and even though most on here get all persnickety and think they're "too big", I like them. You should look into selling them, if you can find someone who's willing to pay enough to get you a big chunk of cash towards new rims, it'd definitely be a good thing. If you can find my house, get here, manage to get past my vicious guard Chihuahua, sweet talk my car into not freaking out, start trying to steal my rims..... I'll still call the cops and then have my people shoot you while we're waiting. But since you're the cool noob, I'll just have them shoot you in the foot or something non-vital.

What's a tosser?

Cool abt your CD changer; mine is still ignoring all commands and threats.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Threaten it further.

I have been training a crack team of 200 ninjas to attack your house for the last 10 years (since i was 8). My plan is falling into place. Your 18s will be mine.

That alpine is nice.

Sorry, i should explain my Australian terms...
Tosser: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=A - Tosser

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,133 Posts
Geez, the Aussie's can't even understand each other!:rofl:

Color coded (here's the left-over 'u')= painted to match the rest of the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
It must just be the lighting in that picture cause it's exactly the same.

Stock bonnet, never replaced.

Bloody americans and their poor spelling. Stop putting Zs everywhere you bastards!

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,133 Posts
Bumper, not bonnet. Your bumper is grey/black, not the same coloUr as the body.

21 - 40 of 94 Posts