Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I am assuming that when you go to put in an address in the Nav the default state is SC. The only thing I can think of is that sometimes if you start using the Nav and searching addresses in CA the Nav will then default to that state. At least that has been my experience in other vehicles when I have been on road trips. Good luck.

And you mentioned that you are waiting for the manual. I thought mine didn't come with one either and went back to the dealer and they gave me one. Several weeks later while exploring the vehicle I found the manual in the trunk under the "floor". There is a little storage area there. It's possible yours is there.
I dunno...I tried putting in my home address, and it could't find the street (because I think it was looking in another state even though I chose CA). I will have to play around with it some more. I'm sure I can figure it out.

The dealer told me that the manuals and 2nd key would come in the mail.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,743 Posts
I'm pretty sure my tire shop will rotate them for free. They know that I'll buy the next set there, so they are happy to help me out.

I was able to delete the music from the hard drive. Now I need to figure out how to convince the car that it's in California and not South Carolina!

I am a terrible photographer, but I tried....
The photos and the car look great! That car looks like it is in great condition!

South Carolina? I hope it wasn't a flood vehicle.
Boy, aren't you a killjoy!

I'm sure it would be on the Carfax if it were a salvaged car. And I'm also sure BMW would have disclosed it.
Being a demo in Cali from South Carolina I'd say the odds are 99% this was a BMWNA executive demo. Only BMWNA executive demos go to auction and get bought by far away dealers. Dealer demos are sold by the dealership that used them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The photos and the car look great! That car looks like it is in great condition!
Thank you! We looked at a lot of cars, and rejected many. We seriously could not find anything wrong with this one. If we didn't know it was 6 months old, we would have thought it brand new.

Being a demo in Cali from South Carolina I'd say the odds are 99% this was a BMWNA executive demo. Only BMWNA executive demos go to auction and get bought by far away dealers. Dealer demos are sold by the dealership that used them.
Our sales rep (whom I trust, even though I suppose I shouldn't...but he did us right when I bought my last car from him, and he knows we will be back again) said this was BMWNA executive demo. He even showed us the name of the executive who it was assigned to -- it was in the vehicle record on the computer. Not sure if he is supposed to do that! He also showed us where an accident would be listed if the vehicle had been in one (and then showed us another car's record, listing its damages). He discouraged us from buying a dealer loaner...said that they had hundreds of different drivers, and not a one of them really cared about the car. I'm sure that's just his opinion, and others may beg to differ. But so far, we are very happy with the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds a lot like my experience. What initial does the dealer name start with?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
very nice...congrats!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just checked, and the tires all seem to be the same -- Continental 225/45 R 18.

in that case rotate away! Congrats on your new car!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I posted this in my other thread, but thought I'd update here too. I just spent a little over an hour on the phone with a "BMW Genius". He went over all of the features and functionality that the dealer should have told me about.

I learned a ton of stuff on my car...just wish the dealer would have told me everything instead.

Did you know that this car has increased top speed to 150? He told me that. I laughed. I'm in Los Angeles...I think top speed of 130 would have been sufficient ;)

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,743 Posts
I posted this in my other thread, but thought I'd update here too. I just spent a little over an hour on the phone with a "BMW Genius". He went over all of the features and functionality that the dealer should have told me about.

I learned a ton of stuff on my car...just wish the dealer would have told me everything instead.

Did you know that this car has increased top speed to 150? He told me that. I laughed. I'm in Los Angeles...I think top speed of 130 would have been sufficient ;)
Yes, lots of cool stuff. It's good that you're happy with 130. I have a little bad news. To get the increased speed limiter the car has to come with high performance, summer tires (which come in the staggered sizes) from the factory. And actually the top speed is 155 mph. I know you'll be sad to learn this feature cannot be changed. It's set when the car is built. No coding to the higher limit. :)

·
Registered
12,342 Posts
Yes, lots of cool stuff. It's good that you're happy with 130. I have a little bad news. To get the increased speed limiter the car has to come with high performance, summer tires (which come in the staggered sizes) from the factory. And actually the top speed is 155 mph. I know you'll be sad to learn this feature cannot be changed. It's set when the car is built. No coding to the higher limit. :)
It seems that F-chassis M5 and M6 can be coded to bump up speed limiter, up to 190mph as in Europe, maybe F30 can be coded too?

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1034308

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It seems that F-chassis M5 and M6 can be coded to bump up speed limiter, up to 190mph as in Europe, maybe F30 can be coded too?

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1034308
All I know is that the Genius said "Oh, and you have increased top speed to 150mph! Wow!" Something in the record for the car must have told him that, as he was reading all of the options specific to my VIN.

Has anyone seen "Spinal Tap"? I felt like he had just told me that my car goes to 11 :)

·
Registered
12,342 Posts
All I know is that the Genius said "Oh, and you have increased top speed to 150mph! Wow!" Something in the record for the car must have told him that, as he was reading all of the options specific to my VIN.

Has anyone seen "Spinal Tap"? I felt like he had just told me that my car goes to 11 :)
Your VIN can be used to check for the option list(e.g. bmwvin.com?) If option 840 is listed then your car has increased top speed limiter. If so, then it is likely the original staggered summer wheels+tires are swapped out and replaced with the square setup currently on the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Your VIN can be used to check for the option list(e.g. bmwvin.com?) If option 840 is listed then your car has increased top speed limiter. If so, then it is likely the original staggered summer wheels+tires are swapped out and replaced with the square setup currently on the car.
It says 840 HIGH SPEED SYNCHRONISATION

21 - 34 of 34 Posts