BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new steel gray sand leather 330xi - ED pics

Here are some pics of my 330xi that I picked up in Munich on Nov 22nd. This one was taken in Innsbruck

Attachments

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Congratulations! It looks like you managed to get some real driving in as well!

And now the wait begins ... :eeps:

Patrick

·
E30,840i,F80 M3comp,640GT
1,093 Posts
Very nice

How'd you like the ED center? The car looks great. Of all the stock sedan wheels, those may be the coolest.

I'm up driving my xi in the snow and slush and it's awesome. After 11 years of being a little careful with bimmers in the snow, I'm lettin' it all hang out.

Good luck with the wait. It darn near killed me this August.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Very nice

Thanks! The ED center was great. I was a little dazed going there directly after landing in Munich but it was worth it. I love the wheels as well. Here are a couple of other pics

uter said:
How'd you like the ED center? The car looks great. Of all the stock sedan wheels, those may be the coolest.

I'm up driving my xi in the snow and slush and it's awesome. After 11 years of being a little careful with bimmers in the snow, I'm lettin' it all hang out.

Good luck with the wait. It darn near killed me this August.

Attachments

·
Bimmer Gal
90 Posts
Great looking car! :thumbup: Congratulations! Looks like you had a great trip. It's funny, you & I picked up our cars a day apart, but then drove opposite directions, ending up about 900 miles from each other.

Now I hope the wait for it to get to the US doesn't kill me. I bet you'll get your car before me since you're much nearer to the East Coast.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! Actually, I took the picture from my hotel room balcony in Nice. The doorman had parked it there since I was going to drop it off in an hour or so.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Which rims are those? They look very space aged....

What route did you take to Cannes and how long did it take? I'm thinking about going there via either Milan or Strasbourg/Lyon...

It looks like I might be going on the same path as you did if I go via Italy... did you have any trouble with the roads, police, etc.?

Also, how hard was it to find the Harms drop off location in Nice? Another member said that it wasn't the easiest place to find.

Finally, did you have nav? If so, did you have a DVD or CD? Did you purchase it in advance or were you able to borrow one from BMW?

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jrubens said:
Which rims are those? They look very space aged....

What route did you take to Cannes and how long did it take? I'm thinking about going there via either Milan or Strasbourg/Lyon...

It looks like I might be going on the same path as you did if I go via Italy... did you have any trouble with the roads, police, etc.?

Also, how hard was it to find the Harms drop off location in Nice? Another member said that it wasn't the easiest place to find.

Finally, did you have nav? If so, did you have a DVD or CD? Did you purchase it in advance or were you able to borrow one from BMW?

Thanks
They are the Styling 98 wheels that comes bundled with the sports package. It also comes with run-flat tires.

We drove to Florence from Munich (7.5 hrs), stayed in Florence for 2 nights and then we drove to Nice along the coast with stops in Pisa, Santa Margherita and Portofino. We drove on the motorways almost the whole time and the roads were quite good. You just have to be prepared for the Italian driviers who like to get really close to you when they pass :) One of the best driving experiences I had was driving on the curvy SS222 road in the Chianti region between Florence and Siena. This has got to be the most scenic road I have ever driven on!

We didn't have any problems with the police but if you are driving in austria, make sure you buy the vignette sticker after entering the border. We passed thru a police checkpoint where they were checking for the sticker.

I had the Nav and it proved to be extremely useful, especially in Italy. Just plug in the destination and go! It was also helped me find the DCAT (not Harms) location in Nice which is the designated drop-off location there. It is not the easiest place to find but I drove there a day earlier and made a mental note of where it was because the entrance is not off the main road. It is about 10 minutes from the airport and if they call a cab for you from downtown, it may already have 10-20 euros on the meter depending on where the cab drove from. Also, be prepared that the personnel at DCAT have very limited knowledge of English. But they were very friendly and I know some French so I had no problems.

For trip planning before I arrived in europe, I used http://www.viamichelin.com to estimate driving distances. I also had Michelin maps of South west Germany and North West Italy just in case the Nav went bonkers. I bought the Central Europe CD from another member before I left so I didn't need a loaner from BMW. PM me if you are interested in buying it off me.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts