BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my new 2008 335i sedan about 2 weeks back. Jet black/6 spd/premium/sports/navigation. It was absolutely beautiful when I got her. Here are some pics.

The following weekend after I got my car I drove it to Rice Village in Houston (relatively nicer area) to meet up with some friends. This is what I found after I drove back home...(not for the faint of heart)

You can imagine how pissed I was/am. ONLY 480 miles!!! I got a quote from my insurance company for $901 and it turns out the body shop I took it to is looking around the $1400 area. Anyways its sitting in the shop as I am posting this. Just thought I would vent. :mad:

·
Bad Lieutenant
6,358 Posts
Sorry to hear/see that. Random act?

·
Cutter of animals
66 Posts
Someone in the Rice area did this?? Wow...that's one of the places I would imagine you wouldn't have a problem...
I'm sorry to hear this. People are jackasses sometimes.

·
Advocate de diabolo
2,363 Posts
Ugh that is awful. You have a beautiful car sans key marks. I have family in Sugerland, that is awful it happened in Rice. Someone put a few grooves into my hood a month ago, either it was sat on, or someone stacked stuff on there, and so my car is actually in the body shop right now as well getting a new hood. There some idiots out there, yours looks very intentional though, unlike mine, but damage is damage. Hope it comes out good, I'm sure it will :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Whoa si2slow, dude I am so sorry. I was cruisin' through the nice pics when the 1st keyed one came into view and was kinda sick in the stomach. I don't have the words, well I have 'em, just can't print 'em, to tell you how mad I would be. Try not to think about it, get it fixed, then hunt the bastard down and get a little retribution. No, check that, ya probably got no idea who did it so just get back to enjoying the fine ride.
This is one of those things that when asked later you respond with, honest Judge, he deserved shootin'. :rofl:

dj

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
So I just got my new 2008 335i sedan about 2 weeks back. Jet black/6 spd/premium/sports/navigation. It was absolutely beautiful when I got her. Here are some pics.

You can imagine how pissed I was/am. ONLY 480 miles!!! I got a quote from my insurance company for $901 and it turns out the body shop I took it to is looking around the $1400 area. Anyways its sitting in the shop as I am posting this. Just thought I would vent. :mad:
That sucks - but it's still a nice car.

Look at it this way - with only 480 miles on your car, a freshly painted hood will match the rest of the car perfectly. If the car had 30k miles on it already and a few years worth of exposure to the elements, re-painting part of it would have been almost impossible to have it match everything else. So if it had to happen, in some ways it's better to have it happen now than later.

Once it's fixed, you'll never know it had happened by looking at it.

·
Pundit
2,512 Posts
We've seen so many of these threads. The victim almost always provoked the attack. It is very rare for someone to just key a random car for no reason.

·
Rio The Racer
546 Posts
it hurts to look at

i'm really sorry man

will it buff out ?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Ouch. It's times like this that I wish the car came with a personal security guard. Or at least some way to ID the jerk who did it and have him arrested.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yikes man, I live up in jersey village, and I've never had any problem with people keying. I'll watch out now everytime I go down to rice village.

·
Advocate de diabolo
2,363 Posts
We've seen so many of these threads. The victim almost always provoked the attack. It is very rare for someone to just key a random car for no reason.
I nominate this post for stupidest post on the thread. Great job RCK, you did it, your award is: :flame:

·
Rio The Racer
546 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
That is a gorgeous car and it will be again when you get the hood fixed.

I'll never understand why people feel the need to damage other peoples property.

This is why I don't own a gun. If I saw someone do this to my car, I'd certainly shoot him. :violent:

·
I'm an Economic Stimulant
305 Posts
these pathetic vandals have issues with new cars, that's why I always try to get a plate on asap. I don't think they get quite the satisfaction scratching a car that already has a few wheel scuffs.

Sorry to hear about what happened, luckily you have the easiest color to match. Know this from experience with 2 repaints already on my rear bumper.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts