BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my 750 ix this weekend.

My first BMW and I love it.

Dark Graphite Metallic. Cognac Nappa interior.
Driver Asst. Driver Asst II
Executive Package
Luxury Rear Seating
Interior Package

Initial impressions: The Driver Assistance technology is incredible. Mind you, I'm coming from a Honda Odyssey minivan so I had little experience with today's advanced tech. That said, the adaptive cruise control, lane keeping and traffic jam asst are mind blowingly awesome.

Also a huge fan of the simplest function -- auto hold on the parking brake. What a relief for my foot at red lights.

The car drives like a dream. Luxurious and cushy when you want it... and like a shark nosed sports car when you're in the mood.

Cant' wait for many more happy spins in this beast.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts

Executive Package
Luxury Rear Seating
Interior Package

Initial impressions: The Driver Assistance technology is incredible. Mind you, I'm coming from a Honda Odyssey minivan so I had little experience with today's advanced tech. That said, the adaptive cruise control, lane keeping and traffic jam asst are mind blowingly awesome.

Also a huge fan of the simplest function -- auto hold on the parking brake. What a relief for my foot at red lights.

The car drives like a dream. Luxurious and cushy when you want it... and like a shark nosed sports car when you're in the mood.

Cant' wait for many more happy spins in this beast.

Here are some pics:
on the adaptive cruise control, just wait until you hit stop and go, I still am un edge but the car stops and accelerates on it's own :)

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,700 Posts
Looks great, Congrats! Minivan to 7 series, wow! :D

·
Munchen bound
1,205 Posts
Nice.

Marcus and Jay, those are some beautiful F series.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Walk us thru a typical stop and go use case. When do you find that you use it - highway mostly?
I have used it on the highway, but also on city streets (ie cruise at 35). That works well as long as you are not the first car on a stop light (uses the car in front of you to do all the work).

On highway, I keep it at 3 ticks (4 ticks is max) and for city, 1 tick.

Now if you are the first car at the stop light, you have to do all the work still :)

·
Registered
57 Posts

Executive Package
Luxury Rear Seating
Interior Package
Congrats! good looking car, indeed!:thumbup:

I have ordered the same model and Cognac Nappa leather but in Azurite Black exterior.
I simply ordered the car straight away w/o seeing any sample car with this color combination. Hope it will look nice though.

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,480 Posts
Congrats! good looking car, indeed!:thumbup:

I have ordered the same model and Cognac Nappa leather but in Azurite Black exterior.
I simply ordered the car straight away w/o seeing any sample car with this color combination. Hope it will look nice though.
Azurite is a beautiful color. I get compliments all the time on my 535 and ordered the same combination as you did on a 750ix coming later this year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Azurite is a beautiful color. I get compliments all the time on my 535 and ordered the same combination as you did on a 750ix coming later this year.
great. what a coincidence. I have ordered mine end of September and the delivery is scheduled, at least according to my dealer, for mid/end of December.
maybe our cars will meet at the production line:)

I am just thinking: could it be that the color tone of Cognac Nappa is similar to that of Amaro Brown (Indi Merino)? What are your thoughts, guys?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts