BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery a month ago but never posted the pics... a lot of people wanted to see the color combo, I really like it!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Looks great! very nice combo!

Any tire issues? Goodyears I presume?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Goodyear issues yet... I did get the BMW tire insurance though.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
Beautiful car! Nice colour combination as well (we have similar tastes:))! Enjoy your new whip!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Nice. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Love the color combo, enjoy!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was just thiking of changing to WHITE

Alboston,

Good one! We (my wife and I), were just thinking that we needed a change to something else other than Silver, Space Grey, Dark Grey, Etc Etc. All nice executive colours but not bold and striking. Everyone is saying that if we select WHITE we 'll look like a wedding car or worse a Rental!!??!?!?

What do you think? Why did you decide on WHITE?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I didn't want white (shows too much dirt, or black). My current car is titanium silver and our other car is to close to dark graphite so we chose Space gray.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the white look very classy and bold on the F10. Easy to upkeep compared to black and really highlights the fine body lines on the f10. Space gray was my second choice but it looks really drab and boring on the f10.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Space gray was my second choice but it looks really drab and boring on the f10.
I have to say that I don't agree with you. I think the car looks great in Space Gray!

No matter what color you get I'm sure you are going to love it!!

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
I really thought hard about Oyster, but chickened out anf went with Cinnamon. Looks Nice!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Time to change your signature. Congratulations!

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have to say that I don't agree with you. I think the car looks great in Space Gray!

No matter what color you get I'm sure you are going to love it!!
That's the great thing about choices, you get to pick what you like! :). Every BMW I see in my area tends to be space gray which is another reason I switched to white.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm planning to order a 535i in Alpine White, and trying to decide between Black vs. Oyster/Black.

Currently, my 335i has the Lemon leather, which is very light like Oyster, and it is more effort to keep clean than the Black leather in my wife's Audi Q5. However, Oyster is a beautiful color and make its difficult to decide against it. :confused:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The other reason I chose non metallic white was because the bumpers very closely match the body. With space gray and dark graphite the bumpers are distinctly more green than the body and it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. This is due to the electrostatic application of the paint and the way the metallic flakes orient when they land on the metal body Vs the plastic bumper.

·
Registered
802 Posts
The other reason I chose non metallic white was because the bumpers very closely match the body. With space gray and dark graphite the bumpers are distinctly more green than the body and it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. This is due to the electrostatic application of the paint and the way the metallic flakes orient when they land on the metal body Vs the plastic bumper.
Hmmm... I never noticed the bumper being distinctly more anything, but I'll check it out. You might have the sight of a hawk!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Hmmm... I never noticed the bumper being distinctly more anything, but I'll check it out. You might have the sight of a hawk!
This is what I'm talking about. Look at this 5GT, directly at the bumper/fender split line to the left of the passenger headlight. You will see the bumper appears more green(darker) than the fender of the vehicle. This is not due to light reflection but the paint appearance between the two is actually different. This is most apparent on silvers and grays.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts