BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys idk how many of you are running the competition spoiler but i was not a huge fan of it only coming in carbon fiber so i had someone make me this one and painted it body color. The color match is near perfection and the wing just looks great on my space gray E92. Very sexy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
If anyone is interested in getting their hands on one of these i know the company pretty well now and can get some good pricing.

I found out that they make the performance spoiler for the LCI E90 as well. It has the same overall lines of the M3 comp spoiler but not as high or as much of a rake...sorry guys with pre LCI E90s. they dont look as tall as the one for the E92 but it flows with the lines on the car very nicely. They are now going to offer the E90LCI or the E92 version painted or in Carbon Fiber.

The painted spoilers are made from FRP or Fibre-reinforced plastic. it is extremely light and wont sag or flop around. when i first picked up my spoiler when it was out of the package it was like holding nothing. for a spoiler you dont need it to be flexible...if i was getting a bodykit i would never get FRP. for a larger spoiler like this i think FRP is the best option.

Anyone looking to get one of these for themselves can PM me and i will hook you up with the info.

pics of the LCI E90 performance spoiler

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
quite a bold mod on an otherwise stock car!

nah, looks good. I would have thought that carbon fiber woulda looked pretty sexy with the space grey/coral combo

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. ya it would have looked good but im not into the carbon fiber look thats all. i will do more to the car just not sure what

·
IntarWeb Stalker
10,068 Posts
BMS box

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
I like you furby, really level headed. Not just this post.

+1 for the BMS box
Tint
painted reflectors
black trim around windows
suspension
wheels
black grills
m sport bumpers?
black roof?
m3 side skirts?
debadge
lightly tint the turn signal and the reserve part of the tail lights too

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i am getting the tint this week.
painted reflectors will come shortly
black trim around windows...not sure if i am doing this yet...depends on the wheels i get
suspension will stay stock since this car sees snow and is an every day car
wheels are in the works
black grills...i would get the black chrome edition grills if anything
m sport bumpers? i may go this route or the aero rear bumper and from lip
black roof? no black roof
m3 side skirts? side skirts dont need to be done
debadge...this may happen
lightly tint the turn signal and the reserve part of the tail lights too...i like the tail lights look but also may happen in time

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
well i am getting the tint this week.
painted reflectors will come shortly
black trim around windows...not sure if i am doing this yet...depends on the wheels i get
suspension will stay stock since this car sees snow and is an every day car
wheels are in the works
black grills...i would get the black chrome edition grills if anything
m sport bumpers? i may go this route or the aero rear bumper and from lip
black roof? no black roof
m3 side skirts? side skirts dont need to be done
debadge...this may happen
lightly tint the turn signal and the reserve part of the tail lights too...i like the tail lights look but also may happen in time
well sh*t. None of it needs to be done, im just giving you the sexy mod list

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well im saying for me they dont need to be done...dont take offence lol. they do look sexy but for what my car is i dont need it. besided i will probably trade her in in 3 years for a CPO M3 the way things look now :)

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
well im saying for me they dont need to be done...dont take offence lol. they do look sexy but for what my car is i dont need it. besided i will probably trade her in in 3 years for a CPO M3 the way things look now :)
lol no offense taken, just do tint then and start buying mods for your m3.
Get a space grey one and use that spoiler haha

·
False Enthusiast
1,669 Posts
I don't wish to rain on your parade, but I have an observation.

Why buy a 328 and spend thousands of dollars to make it look bad ass, when you could have spent those extra $$$ to move to a 335 or that M3 you say you want next?

Then your car would be bad ass.

You have a great looking car, personalizing it is fun, and makes it distinctive. This is all good.

But it will also lessen, not enhance, it's resale value and reduce the number of people who it will appeal to when you are done with it.

Accessorizing is like Tequila, while some is good, it does not mean more is always better!

Enjoy your car!

jummo

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey dude no worries i dont plan on doing anything i cant undo. i would have baught the 335 or the m3 if i did not have another car. i needed a car that i could use in the winters, had a great warranty and looked awesome. i have always wanted a bmw and now i dont plan on being without one. i also dont plan on owning one out of warranty anyway

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
loving this thing more and more every day!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
getting alot of complements about how it changed the look of the car. really makes it stand out from the pack...great around here when every other person has a 3 series lol

more pics of mine on the car, painted, and in primer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.