BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new Exhaust + Subwoofer System - Pics!

Hows it going festers'

So i went ahead and and installed the Magnaflow 14833 Muffler with tip. Installer did a great job, installed new brackets before the install was performed, afterwards when the spray paint was done, masking tape was used to give a crisp edge - which i really love :)

I went with the square styled tips because of the flat rear bumper, rather than the round tips which really suit the M5 / M-tech style bumper; but not the flat stock.

Anyway to the pics:

Before :
Shot with K800i at 2007-07-31

After:

Dual 12" Clarions :) Installed them myself!

Thanks :thumbup: Tell me what you think because I'm loving the fest'

Next mod: Clear indicators!

·
Registered
127 Posts
man.. that looks sweet.. hows the 528i sound with the magnaflow? im really looking into doin teh same.. and if u dont mind me asking.. how much did it set u back? ive been quoted huge emounts for Remus etc and would like to know how the Magnaflow goes..

btw.. are you still on your P's? or was taht just for the fotos in teh other thread :p Good job on the sound system too

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah im still on my P's haha, P2's soon though. I've got to admit that I don't mind the plates because of the mutual respect P platers have for each other - its a solid community

Sounds sweet on the 528i, not too loud when im idling / under 40ks, then kicks in above that, and just a solid deep note at idle.

It cos $450 installed which was good considering the ~2 hours of labour

and yeah the floor mat is in there to keep my boot clean :) good stuff

thanks for the comment and good luck with ur setup!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Looks just like mine :) Glad you dumpted the resonators too. But I had mine installed for $200 even. I'm not sure of the Magna model number.

One thing I would do: Take it back and have them shorten the outside tip about an inch or so. My local shop took it back to cut the outside tip at no charge. They were very leery about it but had to agree that it looked MUCH better after they did it.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
BTW, what paint did they use? I may get the stove black paint (like they use for woodstoves), but will regular spray paint work??

·
Registered
127 Posts
Waveho, are u sure thats $200 australian dollars :p

Richie13, thats good news.. got my P2's last friday.. same respect, now a lot more ppl on the P1's look at u haha something thats not too loud at first is just wat i wanted to hear lol will definetley ask around Sydney soon..

Hows your sound system goin for you? im sure the subs are are HUGE leap from the "bass" that it had before.. did you add them or did you swap out the speakers to?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Looks just like mine :) Glad you dumpted the resonators too. But I had mine installed for $200 even. I'm not sure of the Magna model number.

One thing I would do: Take it back and have them shorten the outside tip about an inch or so. My local shop took it back to cut the outside tip at no charge. They were very leery about it but had to agree that it looked MUCH better after they did it.
In picture #3, isn't that the resonators (look like lungs)?

·
Registered
904 Posts
looks good. i to chose the 14833 for the same the reasoning, the square tips seem to go well with the stock rear valance. i agree, the round tip models looks perfect with the m-tech and other custom rears.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Waveho, are u sure thats $200 australian dollars :p

Richie13, thats good news.. got my P2's last friday.. same respect, now a lot more ppl on the P1's look at u haha something thats not too loud at first is just wat i wanted to hear lol will definetley ask around Sydney soon..

Hows your sound system goin for you? im sure the subs are are HUGE leap from the "bass" that it had before.. did you add them or did you swap out the speakers to?
Yeah definitely a huge improvement over the stock excuse for bass, so i added them in. I left the stock speakers as they are. The way i see it, the stock speakers are relieved of trying to put out all of that low level bass; and the subs kick in. The sets of tweaters in the front doing a great job for treble. The center console control of speakers (under the flap with + / - bass, treble) gives me the flexibility i need without having to install an after market head unit and ruin the lines of the dash. (Except for that double din install of the LCD i saw posted earlier this week)

And yeah that is in Australian dollars, so it would be lower in US$.

BTW, what paint did they use? I may get the stove black paint (like they use for woodstoves), but will regular spray paint work??
Haha, i did check when they were spraying it because i thought the same way. It's just called 'exhaust paint' which has a more direct and precise nozel cap, and a matte black finish, really sticks to the metal well!

looks good. i to chose the 14833 for the same the reasoning, the square tips seem to go well with the stock rear valance. i agree, the round tip models looks perfect with the m-tech and other custom rears.
Great to see i've got the reassurance from some Bimmer members :)

mmm, in real life it doesn't really stick out that much that it looks out of place, i guess now when i look over the photo it does look like it's extruding too far. Although when i look at it when approaching the boot (trunk) i can hardly see it, which gives me piece of mind. If it starts to play on my mind im definitely going to take up that suggestion!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts