BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
That Guy w/ the Modded GT
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The devil has been unleashed ;)

This is probably the biggest change for the GT that's ever happened. Hell, it doesn't even look like a GT anymore :rofl::rofl::rofl:

- Custom Front Lip
- Custom Rear Diffuser
- Custom Rear Spoiler
- Custom Headlights by Lightwerks
- Custom Vinyl Work (red accents) by MoeModz

Hope you guys like, let me know what you think :D

P.S. Attached a pic showing the transformation of the car from two weeks ago to now.

Attachments

·
It's A BMW Thing
214 Posts
Your going to get mixed feelings on this

Looks Good, I have been looking at that rear spoiler but i would have to have it moulded and fiber glassed onto the boot so its as one,,,,,, Smoothed

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your going to get mixed feelings on this

Looks Good, I have been looking at that rear spoiler but i would have to have it moulded and fiber glassed onto the boot so its as one,,,,,, Smoothed
It's not for everyone I know, most GT owners are conservative to be honest, this is a bit more wild I know.

I would like to mold it as well but that is $$$, which can be used for the other new mods coming.

·
Registered
324 Posts

This is probably the biggest change for the GT that's ever happened. Hell, it doesn't even look like a GT anymore :rofl::rofl::rofl: QUOTE]

I know you are unofficially the "crazy GT" modifier of our beloved F07 forum and like any other GT owner are one of us. That been said, I think you have jumped the shark bro and have officially crossed the "Ricer" line with this bimmer beauty. :dunno: To each his own and won't shoot you down for tweaking and modifying your car as you please but I guess that is why there is Vanilla and Chocolate options too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I Love the custom lip! So nice with the red stripes and that goes for the headlights very nice. I think it's a bit much tint on the upper of headlights, would see more of them as they are, big. The rear tail lights is to dark for my likening, it should be tinted but not so dark, would see more of the red.
But the car look great over all. You definitely got both my thumbs up!! :)

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

This is probably the biggest change for the GT that's ever happened. Hell, it doesn't even look like a GT anymore :rofl::rofl::rofl: QUOTE]

I know you are unofficially the "crazy GT" modifier of our beloved F07 forum and like any other GT owner are one of us. That been said, I think you have jumped the shark bro and have officially crossed the "Ricer" line with this bimmer beauty. :dunno: To each his own and won't shoot you down for tweaking and modifying your car as you please but I guess that is why there is Vanilla and Chocolate options too.
I'll be honest, the car looks a little different in person, the pics don't do justice. Nevertheless, the red accents to me match the car's all around theme, and the car was shown the BMW Rallye Show yesterday (one of the biggest shows on the East Coast) and got a great response. Not to everyone's tastes I know.

I Love the custom lip! So nice with the red stripes and that goes for the headlights very nice. I think it's a bit much tint on the upper of headlights, would see more of them as they are, big. The rear tail lights is to dark for my likening, it should be tinted but not so dark, would see more of the red.
But the car look great over all. You definitely got both my thumbs up!! :)
The headlights aren't actually tinted, instead the *custom headlights* meant they were opened and painted black, with red demon eyes on the projectors between the corona rings and xenons, to give a very deadly look.

the tint on the rear lights always looks so dark in pictures but is lighter in real life.

Regardless, thanks for the love! :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
I love it... love the rear spoiler and diffuser , front lip looks cool and I cant decide if I like the lights, pictures really don't show the change well

If you're willing to share details, I'd love to know manufacturers, especially the spoiler and diffuser, the rear of these cars need "something" . I'm also thinking maybe a roofline spoiler

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I lke it as a work of art. If you have the time and $$ to invest, why not? (If there is a Mrs BlackGT, ahe must be OK with it. If so, she is a keeper).

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I lke it as a work of art. If you have the time and $$ to invest, why not? (If there is a Mrs BlackGT, ahe must be OK with it. If so, she is a keeper).
To be honest, the kit was actually her idea at first :rofl: it sounds crazy i know, but she has had a big input on modifying the car, and man she knows how to handle it too :D

She thought with only 28K miles on the car it's barely been used yet, why not enjoy it for a little longer and turn it into a real head turner, unlike any BMW out there. Plus, after being invited to see the all new G12 7 Series, I might wait a little while for that one, now that is going to be one hell of a car ;)

I love it... love the rear spoiler and diffuser , front lip looks cool and I cant decide if I like the lights, pictures really don't show the change well

If you're willing to share details, I'd love to know manufacturers, especially the spoiler and diffuser, the rear of these cars need "something" . I'm also thinking maybe a roofline spoiler
I will upload some pics with the angel eyes on, it gives the car a very devilish look to it.

Regarding the parts, PM me, I can possibly get you a similar set if interested, the spoiler really does complete the rear, gives that CSL-look to it. :thumb up:

Thanks to all of you for the support, I'm very pleased and happy with how the car looks now!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
To be honest, the kit was actually her idea at first :rofl: it sounds crazy i know, but she has had a big input on modifying the car, and man she knows how to handle it too :D

She thought with only 28K miles on the car it's barely been used yet, why not enjoy it for a little longer and turn it into a real head turner, unlike any BMW out there. Plus, after being invited to see the all new G12 7 Series, I might wait a little while for that one, now that is going to be one hell of a car ;)

I will upload some pics with the angel eyes on, it gives the car a very devilish look.

Thanks to all of you for the support, I'm very pleased and happy with how the car looks now!
Great to hear. Then she really is a keeper. For me, I get to see a beautifully stylized version of the same vehicle that I have and live vicariously in fantasy through the pictures with which you favor us. Thanks to you both.

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great to hear. Then she really is a keeper. For me, I get to see a beautifully stylized version of the same vehicle that I have and live vicariously in fantasy through the pictures with which you favor us. Thanks to you both.
Love to hear that, I will not let you down sir! :thumb up:

Planning on some new wheels and a possibly satin pearl black wrap next, the latter was her idea as well :rofl:

Looking to do something very special with the wheels, this is the style. Now just choosing the custom finish. Thinking of possible a brushed Antique Bronze with a matte black face, that would be awesome :D

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts

#TREATED lol

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Love to hear that, I will not let you down sir! :thumb up:

Planning on some new wheels and a possibly satin pearl black wrap next, the latter was her idea as well :rofl:

Looking to do something very special with the wheels, this is the style. Now just choosing the custom finish. Thinking of possible a brushed Antique Bronze with a matte black face, that would be awesome :D
Ah, so there is significantc female aesthetic input to your work. You both make quite a design team. I am looking forward to your next iteration.

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ah, so there is significantc female aesthetic input to your work. You both make quite a design team. I am looking forward to your next iteration.
Thank you Fish, you flatter me too much :rofl::thumbup:

#TREATED lol
@STRMTRPR550iGT I guess you're not a fan? lol

I think it looks fantastic. What I would expect an M variant of the F07 to look like.
Thanks brother. If only they made an ///M5 GT, now that would be a killer :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm evaluating rear spoilers/lips and would love to know where you bought yours. I've seen it through a couple Taiwanese sellers, but don't think the all make the same one (hmmm...)
I'll upload pics after she's back from having the new front-end installed (changed to M Sport - my local dealer is outstanding) Thank God for great brakes or the deer slaying event would have been much worse...

·
2010 F07 550i
120 Posts

I will upload some pics with the angel eyes on, it gives the car a very devilish look to it.

Regarding the parts, PM me, I can possibly get you a similar set if interested, the spoiler really does complete the rear, gives that CSL-look to it. :thumb up:

Excellent looking car. Are front and back spoilers from the same vendor? How do I get in touch with them.
Thanks

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Excellent looking car. Are front and back spoilers from the same vendor? How do I get in touch with them.
Thanks
I'm evaluating rear spoilers/lips and would love to know where you bought yours. I've seen it through a couple Taiwanese sellers, but don't think the all make the same one (hmmm...)
I'll upload pics after she's back from having the new front-end installed (changed to M Sport - my local dealer is outstanding) Thank God for great brakes or the deer slaying event would have been much worse...
Thanks for the love guys.

They're custom made unfortunately, but I'm sure there are some similar rear spoilers available (dont know about front lip). I'll try to look around and find some.

I was thinking M-Sport conversion too but there are no front lips available for them, so I stayed this way instead.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts