BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone, i was on this forum alot until my E30 was stolen, well I've been searching hard for 3 months and I've finally found a new one.
Its a 1991 S.African built 325is Evo II, these came standard with a 2.7l motor. It only has 109 000k with FSH and she runs like a beauty. Heres some pics, I'll take some decent pics, I was just in a hurry to catch her on camera cos she had some really terrible looking dark window tints that just killed the car that only came off today. Also just waiting for a spare BBS centre cap to arrive
Hope you like

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
same here, 29169?:D :D
I am thoroughly impressed.

Just a little background info on the rareity of this car guys.

In addition to the famous M3 there where other special models of E30. BMW South Africa's Motorsport division created the 333i in 1986 by fitting the 3.3 M30 "big six" of the 733i to a 2-door E30. The resulting 333i was a major success in saloon car racing in that country and is now a collectors item. These cars were built with help from Alpina in Austria featured some interesting compromises like forcing the buyer to choose between airconditioning (vital in South Africa) or power steering. They were only built in small numbers in 1986. Later when it became clear that South Africa would not be getting the M3, the 325iS was created. Initially this was merely a 325i 2-door fitted with a bodykit and a close-ratio gearbox (improving acceleration at the expense of top speed and economy) but more changes where made to keep the car competitive in South African saloon car racing. Nevertheless, these cars were always sold to the public. This culminated in the 325iS EvoII of late 1991. By now several body panels were made of aluminium, preventing the car from being washed by automated car washes, and the M20 engine has grown to 2.7 and now produced 155 kW.

BADASS

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mattdk318i said:
same here, 29169?:D :D
I am thoroughly impressed.

Just a little background info on the rareity of this car guys.

In addition to the famous M3 there where other special models of E30. BMW South Africa's Motorsport division created the 333i in 1986 by fitting the 3.3 M30 "big six" of the 733i to a 2-door E30. The resulting 333i was a major success in saloon car racing in that country and is now a collectors item. These cars were built with help from Alpina in Austria featured some interesting compromises like forcing the buyer to choose between airconditioning (vital in South Africa) or power steering. They were only built in small numbers in 1986. Later when it became clear that South Africa would not be getting the M3, the 325iS was created. Initially this was merely a 325i 2-door fitted with a bodykit and a close-ratio gearbox (improving acceleration at the expense of top speed and economy) but more changes where made to keep the car competitive in South African saloon car racing. Nevertheless, these cars were always sold to the public. This culminated in the 325iS EvoII of late 1991. By now several body panels were made of aluminium, preventing the car from being washed by automated car washes, and the M20 engine has grown to 2.7 and now produced 155 kW.

BADASS
Abit more about the car.....
These cars in fact have the same sport suspensions as the E30 M3, and the same ABS braks as the 535 has.
This one in particular is a limited edition model as the main production colours were only, red, black, white and silver. This dolphin grey version also has the original M badges on the seats, which you wont find on any of the other 325iS's. Apparently there are only 6 of these in this colour in S.Africa, I am one proud man
The car still has the original pioneer head unit as well as the factory fitted speakers.
Glad you like guys, will take some better pics soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cost about $12000, did rough conversion from SA RAnd to $
These cars are either stolen or driven to the ground, thats why they cost quite a penny here in SA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts