BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new X5 35i last week. I waited 6 months to get this since I am not in the states and the wait was too long. So far, I am loving it and I love the way the engine sounds also for a 6 cylnder. My favorite feature of this car is the adaptive drive. It handles just like a sports car. It is amazing how the car stays level on a hard turn and no tire squaling sound. I am so glad, I got the adative drive even though it is an expensive option. I got almost every option on the list so my price went through the roof. Here are some options I got:

Adaptive Drive
Side view camera
soft close doors (feels like 7 series)
Individual professional audio(Dirac)
rear shades
comfort seats
nappa leather
sports leather wheel
heated steering wheel
automatic tailgate
navigation
sun roof
running floor

It seems I am getting about 600 KM on a full tank of gas and mostly city traffic driving and about 20% in highway driving. I think it is ok for a gas version. The acceleration and power is more than enough and I think it has a very good power. My X5 will outrun and outhandle any Hyundai's and Kia's on the road here in Seoul.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Nice ride! I notice you have the left hand drive -- how does that work out for you? I wonder if you have had any experience with the Kia Borrego V8 that seems to be quite a nice truck! Good luck and enjoy your ride.:thumbup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am waiting for my X5d. Production has been completed...just waiting for it to reach the dealership. I ordered the Platinum Gray with black interior (I have 3 kids). Anyways, I am starting to wish I had ordered white exterior! Uggghhh. Oh well, maybe next time. LOVE the colors on yours!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I am waiting for my X5d. Production has been completed...just waiting for it to reach the dealership. I ordered the Platinum Gray with black interior (I have 3 kids). Anyways, I am starting to wish I had ordered white exterior! Uggghhh. Oh well, maybe next time. LOVE the colors on yours!
You wont be disapponted with PG!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nice! Congrats!

I don't think that soft close door option is available for the U.S.

Let us know what you think of the Individual Professional Audio. Wonder how it differs from the Premium Sound?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had no expiernced with Kia Borego. They would never have a V8 here. Gasoline is $7.00 USD per gallon here so big engines is not popular in Korea. The indivdual professional audio is great. The feeling is that the sound is surrounding you. It's like if you are watching 3D TV in terms of visual effect, but only this is sound. I think if you are a music lover, defintely get this option. When the car goes past 3000 RPM, the growl of the turbo is fantastic.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
design giant,

how well received is the new Optima in Korea? Its pretty damn nice looking, and once you slap on some 20" ADVAN rims........ its gonna be :jawdrop:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is called K7 in Korea and it is really popular now. There is a 3 month waiting list just in korea for this model. It cae out 1 year ago. The design is really nice. You can see some information on this model in this website: http://k7.kia.co.kr/

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
They also have a hybrid Optima that really looks nice IMHO. As soon as they get one in the new Kia store here I am going to check one out on a long test drive:D.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Desigiant:

congrats on your new vehicle. definitely jealous that you were able to option it out with the soft-close doors and the individual professional audio. i initially ordered my X5 as a 2011 back in Dec 10 through military sales - korea, and i revised my order last week for a 2012, and because military sales only provides US-spec vehicles, i was unable to get those two options. and like you, it will be about 6 months...closer to 7, before i can finally take delivery...but i'm hoping the long wait is worth it. don't know where in korea you're located, but if you happen to see a platinum gray X5 35i Sport Acty stuck in massive traffic in and around the yongsan area come july, feel free to honk.

on a separate note, i believe the Kia optima is actually the Kia K5 and not the K7. although the sheet metal looks similar, there are several difference in the front and rear trim for the K7, as well as the choice of engines, that are not applicable to the optima. definitely a step in the right direction though as korean cars have come a long ways as of late...unfortunately their service/warranty are still miserable compared to what you get in the U.S.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,545 Posts
I just picked up my new X5 35i last week. I waited 6 months to get this since I am not in the states and the wait was too long. So far, I am loving it and I love the way the engine sounds also for a 6 cylnder. My favorite feature of this car is the adaptive drive. It handles just like a sports car. It is amazing how the car stays level on a hard turn and no tire squaling sound. I am so glad, I got the adative drive even though it is an expensive option. I got almost every option on the list s
Congrats on getting adaptive drive. Sublime handling.
Congrats also on avoiding the comfort access gimmick...

Enjoy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really like the soft close function as it makes the car feel more luxry and also I have kids and sometimes they don't close the door all the way. The indivdual audio is fantastic and worth the money. BMW Korea sucks so bad and they have the worst service. BMW is so popular in korea that they are arrogant. Merecedes has better service.

Yungkim, if I see your X5 in Yongsan area, I will give you a honk. I drive a white X5 and there aren't that many white x5 here. Mostly Black or silver. I drive my car mostly in Yangju and nowon gu area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
desigiant...sounds good. agree that there aren't a lot of white BMWs in seoul...as long as you're not on a U.S. military base. seems like AW is the color of choice here at yongsan which is why i went the PG route. did you purchase directly from bmw korea...or were you entitled to diplomatic/military sales? if you went through diplomatic/military sales, how did you get the soft close door option? i have a 13 month old child and he seems a little more sensitive to sounds and as such, tends to wake up anytime i close the doors.

and although i have not had any experiences with BMW Korea...i'm almost certain they will treat me worse because it's a U.S. spec X5 than they would a customer that actually purchased a Korean-spec X5. in any event...still waiting patiently for my vehicle to arrive...jun/jul cannot come fast enough. enjoy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My X5 is a Korean spec and plan to keep it in Korea. I am not in the military or diplomatic. I got it through BMW Korea through the dealer. ****ty service, but I wanted a X5. so far enjoying it. Hope your BMW comes fast for you.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Got my X5 3.5d a couple of weeks ago. I have to say I love it so far and it has also suprised me. In terms of performance i am missing nothing from 4.8 I had.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts