I'm torn between (maybe)
Buying a 25' criscraft day boat
an e46 m3 and a gsxr 600
goign balls to the wall on the 325i and a gsxr
or a new m3

·
Displaced Charger Fan
876 Posts
Boats can pose storage problems - I know this all to well - and my neighbor is a real d-bag with his bike. Since you're in CT and I'll never enjoy whatever you buy, I'm voting the new M3, just because of those forementioned reasons.

·
Registered
741 Posts
The 2 best days of a boat owners life... the day he buys the boat and the day he sells it... I know from experience... boats are constant upkeep... and storage is an issue, along with launching/taking out whenever you want to use it.

I say go with the new M3!

·
TheMalibuMafia
12,882 Posts
I voted E46 M3 and GSXR600.
I wouldn't buy a new M3 ever. The E9x M3s are a complete pos. The new 2011-2012 ones should be 10x better.
Also being that the 1-series M is coming out soon..... **** that'd be the best bang for the buck BMW wise.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can tell you this... with summer on the way I am dreading having to pull the cover off that damn boat. It means two weekends of cleaning, prep and tune ups before I can even get it in the water. After that its great for the 6-8 days I get to use it each year. O and lets not forget the $#itty (1-2) mpg it gets and god forbid you have any type of problem when its in the water.

Find a friend who has a boat, buy a car. Or hell buy a friend who has a boat you'll still be better off.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I wouldn't buy a new M3 ever. The E9x M3s are a complete pos. The new 2011-2012 ones should be 10x better.
Don't know about that. A formula 1 inspired V8 that revs to 8.4K and better performance in every area compared to the E46... Quite far from a POS. And the sound... pure eargasm. The new ones are rumored to be turbo, IMO M's should only be NA and I think this one might be that last great example of that.

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
The only US-spec M3s that interest me are the E30 and E90, although I'd more likely buy the 1 series M coupe. I've always liked the 1 series styling (yes, I know I'm in the minority), and it would be a cheaper car to own (lower purchase cost, better gas mileage, mass produced engine, etc) compared to an E90 M3.

Boats are things that you let friends buy.

·
In my own cars again
1,402 Posts
For my money? E90 M3 Sedan. I still can't consider one of the turbo motors, so I've crossed the 1-series-M off my list of possibilities. That V8 M3 will be one of the last NA M cars.....

BOAT = Bring Over Another Thousand. It will slowly bleed you dry, and you can't use it near as much as a car/bike.

But in the end, the decision is yours!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've crossed the boat off my list, a slip in fairfield county cost 6k a season so thats out. plus dock gas is like 5 or 6 dollars a gallon and with twin 350's 1-2mpg i'm good....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts