Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure this is where I can post this, I'm sure someone will let me know if I have made a faux pas.
I have a very nice running 740iL. I bought this one for my wife back in September and it has been a great car. I just did an intake manifold refresh with all new gaskets and a PVC Valve. This 740il doesn't burn any oil. If you look at the photos, you can see that the valves don't have any carbon build up; they look new. It runs excellent and everything works: sunroof, windows, lights, everything.
Here is what it can use:
It will need tires soon.
Clove box door handle.
If you look at the pictures you will see that the clear coat is coming off on the roof and front bumper. There is also some paint cracking on the hood.
So other than that this car is ready to go.
I would like to see these cars stay on the road. That is why I'm hoping to sell it to another BMW enthusiast For $2700 obo this is a lot of car for the money.
If you would like to to see other photos let me know.
Here is my CL link to the rest of my photos:
https://slo.craigslist.org/cto/d/san-luis-obispo-2001-bmw-e38-740il/6827333432.html

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I sold it today for full price to a family. Unfortunately they didn't strike me as the type of people that would take good care of it. I think I sent it off to it's death.

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
5,817 Posts
We should come up with a screening process for prospective buyers like they do for people wanting to adopt children.

Glad to hear you got asking price.

And under other models this would have been a faux pas and those mods would have immediately moved it to the classifieds, but I was going to wait a few days. Most E38 members are happy to see it here instead of the classifieds, but it does get a lot more exposure over there.

sent from the future using the bimmerfest app embedded in my neural implant

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't see a classified section, but I must admit I really didn't look that hard for one.
When these people showed up to buy the car I just knew they wanted it. They where just looking for a cheap car. It was killing me. A crown Vic would have been a better choice. I didn't want to be rude and tell them it was sold. They drove 45 minutes to get here. My only line of defense was I was not going to let them haggle on price and I thought they would go away. However they didn't even try to talk me down and they had cash. Oh well, I hope that the BMW gods don't look down on me for this one.

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
5,817 Posts
You may be missing out on a lot...
On the app from the main menu tap on Best of Bimmerfest and the classifieds are at the bottom. Or on the web if you actually click on the Forums button on the menu bar at the top it takes you to the listing page of all the forums on bimmerfest, classifieds are somewhere in the middle when you scroll down.

sent from the future using the bimmerfest app embedded in my neural implant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts