BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
well i am with you buddy.... only thing is my controls light up sometimes.... and sometimes they don't so there is some sort of shortage with my 318i.... also i would like to know ifh the knob that turns on your head light is suppose to light up as well... cause mine has never done so.... even when the rest of my dash board youse to light up.

·
Registered
E92 07 328xi, 04 F350 6.0, 92 Jetta Carat
2,507 Posts
you have lights that are burned out. replace and all is well. the headlight switch is easy to do. never had to do the radio one cause i usually yank those out to replace with a different head unit.

·
Registered
239 Posts
LCD backlights are out in the radio. Try tapping the display & see if they come back on. They can be replaced by an electronics repair shop. Common problem for all radios, not just BMW's.

If you're real handy with electronics, it can be done.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, it began in 2003 before i stored my car. The radio control would display, and sometimes they wouldn't, i tapped it and the light would come on. After i took it out from storage a couple of months ago, it stopped working, even if i tap it niothing happens. At night it looks weird.

·
Registered
E92 07 328xi, 04 F350 6.0, 92 Jetta Carat
2,507 Posts
i would keep the e36 and jsut fix the lights on it. I think you will have more fun in that then the e46 but that is my .02. You are only looking at a couple of bucks for new lights

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bimrpwr said:
i would keep the e36 and jsut fix the lights on it. I think you will have more fun in that then the e46 but that is my .02. You are only looking at a couple of bucks for new lights
Its not just that, the A/C loses its gas after a few days. O'vell i see how my financial status goes, im currently looking for a car, preferably 2002+ 330i.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.