BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okey ive been reading on the forum for a while but i have never posted anything so this is my first thread.

After i bought My 730d that i so fare think is a incredible car but something that i was missing was mp3 support, kind off a downside that this kind off car lacks the support for mp3s.

I searched the forums and looked almost everywere but i couldnt find anything that really was enough.
I wanted to keep the cd changer and the most important thing off all get id3tag support, folders and so on, and movie support would be a plus.
And direct sound was a hafto.

First i bought a mp3 changer from a 2006 e65 that had mp3 support but that didnt work, it played ordinary cds fine but in my car it couldn play mp3s so that wasnt gonna cut it.

After almost giving up i found this: (hope its okey to post youtube links)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3F_ggFNHQw&feature=related

MOST direct sound, and picture, didnt hafto touch the cd changer.
The only problem in the install was to find a good 12v swith source everything else was plug and play.

Sorry if this i kindoff a stupid post many off you may already have seen and are using this i almost gave up my search for mp3 support before i found this.

//Anders

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
did you have to activate the TV function? The US models don't have a TV function so if you did, then there's hope for us!

Also where did you find the dvblogic module? A quick google only found the youtube videos

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Yeah saw this already asked the dealer about it not done on my 730D:confused: only F01 730D and newer also in the youtube video you posted they show a F0? series 730D,so is it possible on a E65 730D:dunno:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is possible and it works wery good, no my car does not have the tv tuner ore tv in the idrive menu, it comes with a unit u put behind the screen that activates the tv function in the idrive menu.
And lets u use it while driving.

Yes it works very well on my pre facelifted e65, only thing thats abit anoying is that the idrive knob turn function does not function when in usb mediaplayer mode so you haft pull the knob up and down and so on.

I bought the unit without tv tuner because i thought it was to expensive with that future.
So mine is a media player that supports up to 2tb harddrives.

A real 12v switch source on the other hand is real hard on these cars, i used one thats turns on if you use any electronics in the car.

i found mine at http://www.conexx-video.de/ was abit hard to navigate because i dont speak german.

//Anders

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
It is possible and it works wery good, no my car does not have the tv tuner ore tv in the idrive menu, it comes with a unit u put behind the screen that activates the tv function in the idrive menu.
And lets u use it while driving.

Yes it works very well on my pre facelifted e65, only thing thats abit anoying is that the idrive knob turn function does not function when in usb mediaplayer mode so you haft pull the knob up and down and so on.

I bought the unit without tv tuner because i thought it was to expensive with that future.
So mine is a media player that supports up to 2tb harddrives.

A real 12v switch source on the other hand is real hard on these cars, i used one thats turns on if you use any electronics in the car.

i found mine at http://www.conexx-video.de/ was abit hard to navigate because i dont speak german.

//Anders
Can you take a video of how you start it up on the 7 series and also what you mean by the idrive? I was going to buy the VSM module but 3 out of the 4 people I spoke to at European Auto Source weren't very helpful about it in regards to a 7 series.

·
CRISP & CLEAN
4,181 Posts
Why not try the CarX for BMW . here is a link to the video of it
working in a 7 with the I-Drive .

******** title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w5nlWpL4YwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>*********>

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will se if i can take some pictures ore a video later on, But i work exactly like in the movie.
Yes but the carx unit is just an interface then you need a carputer ore something you can put it in.
I meen in the Idrive menu after installing the unit it looks in the menu lika you have the factory tv tuner installed, you install this were the tv tuner should be, with the nav computer.

//Anders

·
David
3,550 Posts
Yeah saw this already asked the dealer about it not done on my 730D:confused: only F01 730D and newer also in the youtube video you posted they show a F0? series 730D,so is it possible on a E65 730D:dunno:
That video above is in an e70 X5.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okey tried to take some pictures but it was abit dark when i got home from work so they arent that great, but they show how it looks.

And how you activate the media player in the Idrive is very easy, just go into entartainment and scroll done and push the tv icon then the mediaplayer starts, very easy.

I tried it out alot more today when driving around abit after work, im wery impressed off how well it actually works.
Im using an 500gb disc so i have alot off space for music/musicvideos and so on.
Sound quality is superb.
The idrive knob maybe isnt the best tool for clicking true alot off folders packed with music, but once you learn the shortcuts and controls it works pretty well.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah thats the only down part but i think its worth it, its a car that is worth puttin it into and needs the future.

I paid 690euro with oure ridicolusly high tax, i dont know how it works if you order it maybe its abit cheaper.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also i saw today that the unit has support for reverse camera that would also be a nice future.

Let me know if there are anything else youre wondering i have been testing it out abit more today and the more i use it the easier it gets.
Was kind off anoying at first to find the controls.

·
Registered
367 Posts
OK so this looks good but the hard drive i have has to be plugged into the wall as well as the computer so how would that work? i already have a switch under my dash to make it full screen to watch movies because i have a dvd player in the car but i had a NAVTOOL but last weekend i took it out because of a bad connection my navi wasn't working. also when u where zooming in on the map was that real life or like google maps? another thing,how did you get your i-drive to look like that i tried updating mind on Sunday but it has the latest version and it looks old also how much does it cost?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Okey tried to take some pictures but it was abit dark when i got home from work so they arent that great, but they show how it looks.

And how you activate the media player in the Idrive is very easy, just go into entartainment and scroll done and push the tv icon then the mediaplayer starts, very easy.

I tried it out alot more today when driving around abit after work, im wery impressed off how well it actually works.
Im using an 500gb disc so i have alot off space for music/musicvideos and so on.
Sound quality is superb.
The idrive knob maybe isnt the best tool for clicking true alot off folders packed with music, but once you learn the shortcuts and controls it works pretty well.
Nice choice in music, can't wait to see them in May again in the US! :thumbup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK so this looks good but the hard drive i have has to be plugged into the wall as well as the computer so how would that work? i already have a switch under my dash to make it full screen to watch movies because i have a dvd player in the car but i had a NAVTOOL but last weekend i took it out because of a bad connection my navi wasn't working. also when u where zooming in on the map was that real life or like google maps? another thing,how did you get your i-drive to look like that i tried updating mind on Sunday but it has the latest version and it looks old also how much does it cost?
Ithink it easier to buy a 2.5" external drive they are powered by the usb2 connector.
Otherwise you need some kind of transformator to power the full size disc,but that should be the same on all systems.

About the idrive version i dont really know witch one i have:) came like this when i bought the car.

Thats the downpart i paid like 690euro for this, i think you will get it cheaper if you dont have ore ridicolusly high tax.
I have used the system pretty much everyday for a few weeks and so far it feels like the car should have this installed from factory :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ithink it easier to buy a 2.5" external drive they are powered by the usb2 connector.
Otherwise you need some kind of transformator to power the full size disc,but that should be the same on all systems.

About the idrive version i dont really know witch one i have:) came like this when i bought the car.

Thats the downpart i paid like 690euro for this, i think you will get it cheaper if you dont have ore ridicolusly high tax.
I have used the system pretty much everyday for a few weeks and so far it feels like the car should have this installed from factory :)
k thanks :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts