BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my beaitiful and stock silver side skirts (quad-S) are showing gaps between the body.

its not that big, and its more noticable near the front wheels.

i suspect its the problem with the connectors, clips
should i get new ones.
plastic looks OK

i could of dragged them on a bump or an incline, but dont really see any damage.
my car is lowered.

any advice appreciated.

the pic diosent really show anything, just to get an idea of the setup

Attachments

·
Urban Knucklebuster
409 Posts
Look underneath the rocker panels (skirts) and you will find push pin connectors. Pull the centers out, and the pin will follow. Next pull the panel straight away from the body... sideways. The clips will 'pop' off from the panel and then you can remove the rocker panel and see whats happeng. Your clips are probably OK, just need to be realigned and 'snapped' back into place. It is an easy removal. I regularly remove these skirts to polish and wax them off the car. Its a ten minute exercise. gordo

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes please take care of them right away. I just got back from las vegas a great f'in weekend of fear and loathing but when I got home I noticed my drivers side skirt was completely gone and all the clips are attached and facing the upright position. Now I need to find either a used one or purchase two new ones.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do these rocker panels serve any purpose other then cosmetic? I hit a thin pipe on the highway one night and it bounced up and hit the panel (punching a small hole into it). it now has a small hole in it that you can't see unless you're under the car but I haven't replaced panel or fixed the hole with body filler. Does anyone think it's necessary to fix or replace? Will water build up (when it rains) eventually cause rust somewhere?

thanks

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Where can I get the "light saber blue" steering wheel cover?

·
Cogito Ergo Zoom
3,579 Posts
Look underneath the rocker panels (skirts) and you will find push pin connectors. Pull the centers out, and the pin will follow. Next pull the panel straight away from the body... sideways. The clips will 'pop' off from the panel and then you can remove the rocker panel and see whats happeng. Your clips are probably OK, just need to be realigned and 'snapped' back into place. It is an easy removal. I regularly remove these skirts to polish and wax them off the car. Its a ten minute exercise. gordo
This.
When I bought my car, one of the side skirts had a gap , I think from the original owners kid standing on it to climb in. I loosened the pins, popped it back in place and three years later it still looks perfect.

·
is a Texan
1,400 Posts
^ +1. Mine sagged some when I bought mine. Two hand under the front, pulled straight up into the body, SNAP...right into place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts