BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
'Fester
400 Posts
JST said:

You have 29K on your rear Pilot Sports?
Yes, 29K on the left and 25K on the right(tire damaged - replaced at 4K). I thought they were too noisy but I do have a convertible and everything's noisy! The fronts do show a bit more wear than the back. I am hoping the S-03's are quieter.

G

·
robg said:
I've never gotten my Contisports to squeal either- and i've driven aggressively w/ them.
Maybe it's a wear thing, but after about 5K mile on my (now EX-)ContiSports they'd squeal loudly if I made a gentle 25MPG turn in my neighborhood. Everyone was looking at the guy inthe M3 ready to pull their children back to safety and call the police.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
TD said:

Maybe it's a wear thing, but after about 5K mile on my (now EX-)ContiSports they'd squeal loudly if I made a gentle 25MPG turn in my neighborhood. Everyone was looking at the guy inthe M3 ready to pull their children back to safety and call the police.
Yeah, but I bet they do that anyway.

·
10,856 Posts
nate328Ci said:

chirping Pilot Sports hard going into 3rd in an M5 is more fun :D
Can't argue with that. :D She has really short arms, though... She can't drive Bimmer manuals because she can't reach fifth without leaning way over... And third is pretty tough, too. :p Ah well.

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
I noticed no one mentioned Dunlop SP Sport 5000s. I have them on both my 323i and my 530i.

They're priced reasonably, they are rated M+S but still have pretty good performance, and they're great in rain. They also have a 340 wear rating. While I haven't put enough miles on them to provide a longer term assessment, I like them a lot so far.

I just got 4 of them on my 530i in 245/45/17 size for $650 including installation (mounted/balanced using the Hunter GSP9700).

I know the SP5000s aren't that popular compared to others, but for me they strike a nice balance of cost and ratings for performance/longevity.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

Can't argue with that. :D She has really short arms, though... She can't drive Bimmer manuals because she can't reach fifth without leaning way over... And third is pretty tough, too. :p Ah well.
Interesting. My girlfriend has a rather odd problem driving my car. To engage reverse she has to literally put some serious willpower into it. She is pretty petite, though has a blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do. :dunno:

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.