BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Jayhawk Fan
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two years ago today I picked up my 435 in Munich. I have really loved this car and have had zero issues. 16,000 miles in and enjoy driving it as much as the day I first accepted it over in Europe (if you are buying new, you are CRAZY if you don't fly over and do European Delivery).

The bothersome items which are extremely minor are:
1. Hate having to hit "confirm" when is start up iDrive
2. The stupid fan always coming on
3. The radio staying on after you turn it off (I know, hit start twice).
4. Navigation could be a little more intuitive

But seriously, those are all so minor. One picture is me getting the car. The other is just the other day walking to it and me thinking, "damn, what a great looking car."

photo IMG_0159_zpslbjxfojm.jpg

photo 2014 BMW_zpswsq8jy35.jpg

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
Congrats! :thumbup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Love the 4's design. You can have your BMW recoded, like I have done. I had the confirm screen removed, goes straight into the navigation or whichever area you were in last. Also had the seat belt sound removed for whenever you have it unbuckled.

·
Jayhawk Fan
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love the 4's design. You can have your BMW recoded, like I have done. I had the confirm screen removed, goes straight into the navigation or whichever area you were in last. Also had the seat belt sound removed for whenever you have it unbuckled.
I asked about that on the last service visit and they said they couldn't do it. I'm going to a different dealer next time.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I asked about that on the last service visit and they said they couldn't do it. I'm going to a different dealer next time.
That coding isn't routinely done by your BMW dealer. Visit the coding subgroup in this forum.

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,700 Posts
Looks sharp, glad you are still enjoying the car!

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,700 Posts
Double Post, sorry!

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,789 Posts
Two years ago today I picked up my 435 in Munich. I have really loved this car and have had zero issues. 16,000 miles in and enjoy driving it as much as the day I first accepted it over in Europe (if you are buying new, you are CRAZY if you don't fly over and do European Delivery).

The bothersome items which are extremely minor are:
1. Hate having to hit "confirm" when is start up iDrive
2. The stupid fan always coming on
3. The radio staying on after you turn it off (I know, hit start twice).
4. Navigation could be a little more intuitive

But seriously, those are all so minor. One picture is me getting the car. The other is just the other day walking to it and me thinking, "damn, what a great looking car."
Congrats. Gorgeous car. How long do you plan on keeping it?

The dealer won't do that coding. You'll have diy it or have a third party do it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
So if you dint mind me asking, where exactly are you from if you went to Munich to pick up your motor? Iv seen a few posts now people saying they went to Munich to pick up a new car. It's not until I started using this forum I noticed people done that lovely car by the way but I'm more interested in the story as to why people travel all that distance to pick up a car when bmw will deliver it to you.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
So if you dint mind me asking, where exactly are you from if you went to Munich to pick up your motor? Iv seen a few posts now people saying they went to Munich to pick up a new car. It's not until I started using this forum I noticed people done that lovely car by the way but I'm more interested in the story as to why people travel all that distance to pick up a car when bmw will deliver it to you.
His (her?) location is listed as "Lawrence" which is probably Lawrence Kansas (EDIT: for some reason I had kentucky there but I know lawrence is in kansas... lol) , here in the US. Lots of people do whats called "european delivery" which allows them to travel to Germany and pick up the car.

BMW pays for 2 weeks of insurance (I think its two weeks) so you can take a european vacation and drive your car... not a rental, and then BMW pays for shipping it back here to the states for you anyway. People get to take their car on roads and at speeds they simply can not do legally here.

You dont even pay extra for it, there is a 5 percent discount from the MSRP of the car to do european delivery, if you are coming from the US.

I have never done it, but it sounds interesting, especially if you want to go to europe anyway.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I did ED to pick up my baby in Oct 2014. Yes, two weeks insurance included. Not only did we have a GREAT vacation cruising around Europe, but they make you feel very special at the Welt when you pick it up. The factory tour was incredible, too! I'm from Seattle, by the way.

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
Customers in the USA, Canada, and Germany can choose new vehicle delivery at BMW Welt in Munich:

• USA: Includes 5% price discount for the vehicle (previously 7%); most travel costs are the responsibility of the customer.
  • Canada: No discount on vehicle price; most travel costs are the responsibility of the customer.
  • Germany: Extra cost for BMW Welt delivery; three packages from ***8364;495 to ***8364;845 are offered with varying services/benefits: Compact, Premium, and Premium Advanced.
There may be European Delivery programs for BMW customers in other parts of the world as well.

In the USA and Canada, there are nonstop flights between Munich and Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, Newark, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington D.C.

Here's a video from BMW Group Press about BMW Welt including customer vehicle pickup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjM94ZpWib4

·
Registered
120 Posts
As a few people stated above, the dealer won't do it. I paid a reputable person do it for me with good reviews in the past. It was done remotely (you can be anywhere in the world), the individual connects to your laptop (which you connect to your bmw) and everything was done that way. I believe I paid him 100 dollars for as many options as I wanted. If you're interested, I can give you his email....I would have to sort through my old mail as its been quite some time since I had it done.

·
Registered
187 Posts
OP , what color is that ? Individual ? I thought the only blue available on an msport 435 was EBII and the pics make the car out to be darker than EBII

·
Jayhawk Fan
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OP , what color is that ? Individual ? I thought the only blue available on an msport 435 was EBII and the pics make the car out to be darker than EBII
It's EB.

·
Jayhawk Fan
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats. Gorgeous car. How long do you plan on keeping it?
I don't know. Lease is up next year. Then it's either buy it or lease all over again. Will be running the numbers. If I buy it and finance that means in 5 years I have an 8 year old car. Or I just join the perpetual lease club and get a new and do ED again.

·
Jayhawk Fan
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Customers in the USA, Canada, and Germany can choose new vehicle delivery at BMW Welt in Munich:

• USA: Includes 5% price discount for the vehicle (previously 7%); most travel costs are the responsibility of the customer.
  • Canada: No discount on vehicle price; most travel costs are the responsibility of the customer.
  • Germany: Extra cost for BMW Welt delivery; three packages from €495 to €845 are offered with varying services/benefits: Compact, Premium, and Premium Advanced.
There may be European Delivery programs for BMW customers in other parts of the world as well.

In the USA and Canada, there are nonstop flights between Munich and Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, Newark, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington D.C.

Here's a video from BMW Group Press about BMW Welt including customer vehicle pickup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjM94ZpWib4
There is a forum dedicated to European Delivery. It's an amazing resource if that's of interest. Every possible question is answered by those that have gone.

·
Jayhawk Fan
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 24 Posts