Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has recently been posted on our german BMW forum. It's a MY2000 - 530 Diesel with automatic transmission. The owner is working for a transportation company and transporting urgent deliveries like documents, software, small production parts etc. He's working 24/7 and driving across Europe.

This is 840.000km ~ 521.950 miles in 6 years. Impressive :)

Attachments

·
kid hater
971 Posts
I'll be impressed if he posts the maintenance and repair history. If that car lasted 800k with minimal expense then I will be :thumbup:
I've seen a Ford Tempo with 500k on it.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be impressed if he posts the maintenance and repair history. If that car lasted 800k with minimal expense then I will be :thumbup:
I've seen a Ford Tempo with 500k on it.
Other than regular maintenance and Inspections, here's the list of major repairs:

new turbo @ 170.000 km
new common rail diode @ 416.000 km
high-pressure pump @ 423.000 km
new A/C compressor @ 430.000 km
new alternator @ 460.000 km
new pre-pump / gas pump @ 680.000 km
new automatic transmission @ 810.000 km
new water pump @ 810.000 km

·
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!
295 Posts
Not to start another "oil change" debate but was the oil changed at a more aggressive frequency than the BMW recommendations?

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to start another "oil change" debate but was the oil changed at a more aggressive frequency than the BMW recommendations?
Sorry, no information on that, he said "just regular service"

·
Who, me?
2,733 Posts

Considering that he puts 15K miles on the car every 9 weeks, I doubt he changed it more often than that.. When would he have the time?

I wouldn't be surprised if his recommended intervals were 17K-18K, given the long runs he must have been on...

·
Registered
85 Posts
132k+

Now that's even more impressive! I had an 84 Tempo and it began falling apart after 3 yrs.
I also had a 1984 Tempo,( first new car I owned). The speedo broke @ 132,000 miles, after that I drove her for another 5 yrs.:thumbup: Frequent oil changes,every 3k, and tires, thats it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts