BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sleeve Grey Bag Automotive tire Personal protective equipment

Does anyone know what are the yellow and red connectors?
Red connector has a purple and black wire. It came with a folding mirror. However I'm not sure where to plug it?

The yellow connector has a white and red and white and blue wires. Not sure what that's for.

Could it be they have to plug into each other?

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's for options you dont have. I dont know what options but I have the same thing in my door. I see it everytime I replace the regulator.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
E39Hoon
I'm trying to retrofit my car with all options possible!

Taz buddy, where does the electro chrome plug?
The red connector is from the mirror. That mirror is the most optioned possible, including folding option. So I'm thinking the yellow and red connectors connect together?
It must be electro chrome for the mirror I guess....both connectors have only pins 1 and 3.

·
Registered
776 Posts
E39Hoon
I'm trying to retrofit my car with all options possible!

Taz buddy, where does the electro chrome plug?
The red connector is from the mirror. That mirror is the most optioned possible, including folding option. So I'm thinking the yellow and red connectors connect together?
It must be electro chrome for the mirror I guess....both connectors have only pins 1 and 3.
Correct, I was looking on the door loom, not on the mirror, yellow is from the loom and purple is mirror and they go together. Signal comes from the rear view electrochrom mirror.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet thanks! Just emailed the guy I bought the mirrors from, and he confirmed as well this is the dimming option!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts