BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
No User Serviceable Parts
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the part number or name of the little wire clip that fastens the MAF cable to the sensor? NOW I know that you just press in on the clip to release it, but I lost mine when I slid a screwdriver under it, and poinged it into the back yard, never to be seen again (until the lawnmower finds it).

I get an occasional SES light telling me communication to the MAF has been lost, and I hope that's the solution, as the MAF is fairly new.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Does anyone know the part number or name of the little wire clip that fastens the MAF cable to the sensor? NOW I know that you just press in on the clip to release it, but I lost mine when I slid a screwdriver under it, and poinged it into the back yard, never to be seen again (until the lawnmower finds it).

I get an occasional SES light telling me communication to the MAF has been lost, and I hope that's the solution, as the MAF is fairly new.
Im not 100% about this but Im almost sure that clip is not sold by iteself, You may end having to go to a salvage yard to get one. Good luck though.

·
No User Serviceable Parts
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Time to put out an APB for a dead MAF. Never throw away your "bad" parts, 'cause they could still be "good" to someone else! :D
Amen to that! This MAF was replaced before I bought it, but I don't think that clip is on the part? Anyway, I might creep over to a stealer and see if he might have one lying around. Otherwise, maybe a strip of electrical tape??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.