BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Ex-Dictator
27,411 Posts
Eject :eeps:

Just kidding, I don't know. I'll post it on our german board to see if anyone knows about it.

EDIT : It might be to open/close the a/c vent.

· My TARDIS is a BMW
5,469 Posts
Will you just stop playing with that switch.... The lights in my office have been going on and off on their own for a week now :bustingup :bustingup

· Registered
10 Posts
Vents for cooling

I think it might be a button to disable the cooling of your drink in the cupholder: I got this in an article on Car and Driver about the E90:
" Having had no cup holders in previous generations, the 3s now have them all over the place, including a container for drinks in the center console cooled by the A/C system."

Link:http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=9265&page_number=2

· Registered
101 Posts
virtualrain said:
12-14V is not enough to drive any appreciable current through liquid, hence, other than creating a mess, there is no issue.
But you could still blow a fuse because it is enough to short circuit the circuit.

· Registered
866 Posts
Cindy M said:
Does it seem strange to anyone that a cupholder would be placed so close to power outlets? What might happen in case of a spill?
Nothing. E90 is still 12 Volts not 110 or 220.

At worst, the fuse will blow, But you´d have to drench that socket to create a short.

Besides, there normally is a blind plug protecting the outlet. Cars in the showroom don´t have it becuase it´ll only get stolen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.