BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ran into something similar except luckily I ended up on the shoulder out of traffic. The starter wouldn't crank, could not get it into neutral, so the tow truck had to drag it up the ramp. Ugh. Bad design to not be able to move a disabled vehicle in case of emergency, that's for sure.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Looks good oither than:
stand by there product
should read:
stand by their product

Really sorry to heard this. I bought a '14 x28i CPO with 46k miles on it just because I was afraid something like this might happen and am now sure glad I did if nothing else, because of the extended warranty.
Wishing you best of luck with your petition!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Speedometers are required to be calibrated to be accurate within +/- 2.5% of the true speed. Changing to different tires can and will affect speedometer readings somewhat, as well.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm starting to get the impression that:
1) With a new car, you either get rid of it before you hit 50k miles or the time limit, or get an extended warranty.
2) With a used vehicle, go CPO such that you get a 4 year extension and 100k mile limit and unless you're willing to deal with expenses after that, get rid of it before you hit those limits.
Not encouraging, given a Toyota or such will easily hit 200k miles. The one we just sold had almost 180k miles and other than slight oil usage ran totally fine.
Really sorry to see this happen -- this does seem like it's ore common that one would think.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Received a call back from my local BMW dealership this afternoon. BMW HQ decided to pay for a new engine entirely. The tech told me the issue with the engine doesn't seem to be the chain but something else. They didn't opened the engine since they couldn't even run it so they knew it had to be replaced. I am just happy they accepted to replace the whole thing for free. Best of luck to all of you with the same issue.
Excellent news, but also as it should be. I hope they tear the old engine apart and learn something useful. Very happy for you -- a huge relief, I'm sure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.